Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Question on fixing the “REVMGR: Cannot find Fiscal Period” error

• 1.  Question on fixing the “REVMGR: Cannot find Fiscal Period” error

Posted Sep 10, 2014 10:30 AM

Hi All,

I was after some advice around resolving an occurrence of the error: “REVMGR: Cannot find Fiscal Period”. Users have been experiencing it for some time, but only now have we had chance to address it.

I have read the technical document here: http://customerconnect.ca.com/cc/kbtech?docid=545692&searchID=TEC545692

Which explains how the error comes about, and this matches the fiscal periods, cost plans defined within our system.

We have a very basic Clarity set-up that was installed as a “hot house” installation, so there is no test system (I know… Please, don’t even go there!), so I don’t really want to make a change on live that I can’t back out of should it go wrong.

We have a Single Project Template, and a single Entity.

The Entity has monthly and quarterly Fiscal Time Periods spanning 1/1/2008 to 31/12/2017

The Entity has Plan Default of:

Period Type: Monthly

Plan Start Period: Jan-11 (1/1/2011 to 31/1/2011)

Plan End Period: Dec-15 (1/12/2015 to 31/12/2015)

This is 5 Years (60 months)

The Project Template has a single cost plan which has a:

This provides a 5 year (60 month) “window”

From my understanding of the technical document, and from talking to the users, as soon as we started creating projects from the template where the end date of the project + 5 years (the template’s cost plan range) generated a date greater than 31/12/2017 (the end of the defined Fiscal Time Periods) the REVMGR error started to appear.

I think that solution is as simple as just creating an appropriate number of new fiscal periods within the single entity, starting from 1/1/2018 up to some future date, say + 5 years.

Obviously we would have to create a project based on the template to test if this cured the error.

Could someone advise if:

This is the way to go?

Whether there are any pit falls with regards to doing this – e.g. around backing out the new fiscal periods if it didn’t work.

The only way I can think is taking a backup of the SQL Server database, and restoring it if need be; but then, would there be an issue with regards to the logins and the users in the database being out of sync?

During the time of the amendments and testing, no users would be in the system (manageable, as we only have about 100 anyway)

Many thanks in advance for any assistance/advice you can provide.

• 2.  Re: Question on fixing the “REVMGR: Cannot find Fiscal Period” error

Posted Sep 24, 2014 06:54 PM

Hi All - Any advice here for Mark? Thanks! Chris

Mark Reynolds wrote:

Hi All,

I was after some advice around resolving an occurrence of the error: “REVMGR: Cannot find Fiscal Period”. Users have been experiencing it for some time, but only now have we had chance to address it.

I have read the technical document here: http://customerconnect.ca.com/cc/kbtech?docid=545692&searchID=TEC545692

Which explains how the error comes about, and this matches the fiscal periods, cost plans defined within our system.

We have a very basic Clarity set-up that was installed as a “hot house” installation, so there is no test system (I know… Please, don’t even go there!), so I don’t really want to make a change on live that I can’t back out of should it go wrong.

We have a Single Project Template, and a single Entity.

The Entity has monthly and quarterly Fiscal Time Periods spanning 1/1/2008 to 31/12/2017

The Entity has Plan Default of:

This is 5 Years (60 months)

The Project Template has a single cost plan which has a:

This provides a 5 year (60 month) “window”

From my understanding of the technical document, and from talking to the users, as soon as we started creating projects from the template where the end date of the project + 5 years (the template’s cost plan range) generated a date greater than 31/12/2017 (the end of the defined Fiscal Time Periods) the REVMGR error started to appear.

I think that solution is as simple as just creating an appropriate number of new fiscal periods within the single entity, starting from 1/1/2018 up to some future date, say + 5 years.

Obviously we would have to create a project based on the template to test if this cured the error.

Could someone advise if:

This is the way to go?

Whether there are any pit falls with regards to doing this – e.g. around backing out the new fiscal periods if it didn’t work.

The only way I can think is taking a backup of the SQL Server database, and restoring it if need be; but then, would there be an issue with regards to the logins and the users in the database being out of sync?

During the time of the amendments and testing, no users would be in the system (manageable, as we only have about 100 anyway)

Many thanks in advance for any assistance/advice you can provide.