Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Display only 1 portlet

Posted Sep 14, 2015 01:22 PM

Our Clarity installation is configured to display only 1 portlet at a time in each of our tabs. However users can decide to display all portlets by selecting "Restore" from the drop-down menu instead od selecting which specific portlet they would like to view:

The issue is once a user has selected "Restore" it doesn't possible for the user to go back to the option where only 1 portlet is maximized.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Display only 1 portlet

Posted Sep 14, 2015 01:35 PM

In the screenshot you presented, do the users also have the Restore option available from this configuration/settings gear icon?

Also after the Restore has been done, does that icon exist on the individual portlet being displayed, and if so what options exist underneath it?

It would/should be typical for users to be able to re-maximise from here, so I'm curious as to why yours would not be able to.

• 3.  Re: Display only 1 portlet

Posted Sep 14, 2015 01:40 PM

No,oddly enough there is no Restore option under the configuration/settings gear icon:

• 4.  Re: Display only 1 portlet

Posted Sep 14, 2015 02:29 PM

I believe what you are seeing and these options show, are as a result of the (dashboard or) tab where these portlets reside have had the 'Personalizable' option unchecked for them.

Right now, the only way I'm aware of to have these options return would be to allow the tab to be Personalizable again, although I suspect you took this off for a reason to begin with.

Whilst it may turn out that this is the expected behaviour for Clarity, I cannot be entirely certain and would probably suggest you open a support issue to question if the Restore option should be taken away from the maximized portlet menu if Personalizable is unchecked and the Minimize/Maximize options linked with this feature are also being removed.  Make a reference to this community thread URL in the support issue, and query if this is potentially a defect.