Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft 5.6.1 Stand alone

Posted Aug 19, 2015 05:08 AM

Hi all,

We are currently using Clarity 13.2 with BO and Crystal reports. We are planning to upgrade to 14.2. However before upgrade we are preparing POC for Jaspersoft 5.6.1. In the process, we have planned to setup a standalone server where we would install only Jaspersoft . Following are my doubts

1. Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity 14.2, can it be installed as Standalone, even though we are in Clarity 13.2
    2. Does Oracle 11.2.0.3 support  Jaspersoft?
    3. Also installing DWH schema is mandatory for installing Jaspersoft?

We are planning to install Jaspersoft server and the designer tool, so we can convert our existing BO report and Crystal report.

Please advise on the procedure I need to follow to setup the Standalone Jaspersoft server

Thanks

Sreeram

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft 5.6.1 Stand alone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2015 07:31 AM

Hi Sreeram,

Please find my comments inline

• Jaspersoft which comes with Clarity 14.2, can it be installed as Standalone, even though we are in Clarity 13.2

Suman: Jaspersoft can only be integrated with CA PPM 14.2 onwards

• Does Oracle 11.2.0.3 support  Jaspersoft?

Suman: Yes Jaspersoft supports 11.2.0.3 refer  Release Notes

• Also installing DWH schema is mandatory for installing Jaspersoft?

Suman: Yes else you won't be able to get the reports working.

To convert the report you need to manually design there is no tool as such which I am aware.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft 5.6.1 Stand alone

Posted Aug 20, 2015 01:41 AM

Thanks Suman for the answers. I totally agree with you, as DWH schema has to be implemented for Domains(Universes) which will be used to design the reports from Domains. One final doubt, If we implement Jaspersoft 5.6.1 as standalone server and just connect to Oracle 11.2.0.3 db and design the jasper reports using just the query(No domains involved), then does it make Clarity 14.2 installation not mandatory?

Thanks

Sreeram

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft 5.6.1 Stand alone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2015 02:25 AM

Hi Sreeram,

That's like you reading the data directly via DWH then you don't control the data via CA PPM rights. If you use domain then you take care of the data security and locale set up as per user account.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft 5.6.1 Stand alone

Posted Aug 20, 2015 03:16 AM

Hi Suman,

FYI, we are trying to design & develop Jaspersoft  reports from Dev enviornment, so we could calcualte the effort involved in creating the jaspersoft reports. This is required before we upgrade our Clarity to 14.2.

Hope you can understand why we can't upgrade to 14.2 for now.

We are not concerned of any security for now. So can we install jaspersoft and connect db to design the report?

Thanks

Sreeram

• 6.  Re: Jaspersoft 5.6.1 Stand alone
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2015 03:20 AM

Hi Sreeram,

I understand but you can develop but you cannot execute via CA PPM, if you are ok then you can go ahead. But Jaspersoft is integrated with CA PPM 14.2 only.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 7.  Re: Jaspersoft 5.6.1 Stand alone

Posted Aug 20, 2015 03:50 AM

Thanks Suman. We are not running anything from Clarity and we planned to use just Clarity db to design the repory in Jaspersoft.

Thanks

Sreeram

• 8.  Re: Jaspersoft 5.6.1 Stand alone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2015 04:32 AM

Thanks Sreeram, Please mark this thread closed if your question is answered.

Regards

Suman Pramanik