Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Not able to submit plan of record for approval : Error - A submitted budget already exists

Posted Dec 24, 2014 11:30 PM

Dear  Experts,

None of the submitted budget is in submitted state but newly created plan not able to submit for approval.

Plan type is forecast . and currently exists approved budget plan is detailed budget and it is marked as plan of budget .

Please help me on this.

Screen shot from budget page:

budget.PNG

Screen shot from Cost plans :

cost plan.PNG

Many thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Udaya k

• 2.  Re: Not able to submit plan of record for approval : Error - A submitted budget already exists

Posted Dec 26, 2014 12:18 AM

Can you check the app-niku.log to see the error details ?

NJ

• 3.  Re: Not able to submit plan of record for approval : Error - A submitted budget already exists

Posted Dec 26, 2014 12:23 AM

Also, can you access the Budget Plans page and do a Show All in the filter section ?

NJ

• 4.  Re: Not able to submit plan of record for approval : Error - A submitted budget already exists

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 26, 2014 01:01 AM

Hi Udaya,

Assuming you are on Oracle, can you please run the below query and see if you are getting any records. If you are in SQL Server, remove the upper keyword.

select * from fin_plans where object_id = 5019144  and upper(plan_type_code) = 'BUDGET' and upper(status_code) = 'SUBMITTED'

Thanks,

Jerin

CA Support

• 5.  Re: Not able to submit plan of record for approval : Error - A submitted budget already exists

Posted Dec 26, 2014 05:01 AM

Hi Jerin,

This is wonderful suggestion.

I ran the query against fin_plans and inv_investments and found the issue .The issue is last_updated_by is -99 (bug).

As per my knowledge we need to update last_update_by to see the the plan which is in hidden(submitted budget plan).

Many thanks NJ and Jerin.

Happy holiday season and a Very Hapy New Year.

Regards,

Udaya k

• 6.  Re: Not able to submit plan of record for approval : Error - A submitted budget already exists
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 26, 2014 07:40 PM

Great!

Yes, -99  is the culprit and its a BUG. I will have to check the JIRA later to see what could be a potential work around for this, if any, to stop this happening. The root cause for -99 is, when an operation is initiated from the UI and at the same time the system goes down or the performance is pegged badly, the transaction at the DB end is not completed or rolled back and this comes back with a -99 in the last_updated_by which results in the record missing from the UI.

The work around as you mentioned, is to update the column in DB to 1(admin) and later you can make some changes to that record from UI to show your 5million ID.

Please mark this discussion as answered which will help other community users facing a similar problem in future.

Thanks,

Jerin

CA Support