Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to Get XOG of timesheet period?

Posted Oct 27, 2014 09:08 AM

Hi,

I want to get XOG for Timesheet periods. I want to open & close them automatically.

How can I get XOG of it?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: How to Get XOG of timesheet period?

Posted Oct 28, 2014 09:35 AM

Hi Pragya,

Please edit this discussion and put it in the CA PPM place so that it is visible to the Clarity PPM users here. You will get a better response to your clarity questions this way.

CA PPM.png

Regards,

Georgy

• 3.  Re: How to Get XOG of timesheet period?

Posted Nov 03, 2014 06:56 AM

Hello Pragya,

The prj_timeperiods_write and prj_timeperiods_read XML files are provided with Xogclient setup. Using these files, you can read and write timeperiods.

I have not tried these XML files but it reads out timesheets information along with timeperiods specified. So, may not be used to open or close timeperiods.

You can try these files in a test enviornment.

We have also automated opening and closing of timeperiods but have created a stored procedure to update PRTIMEPERIODS table.

Thanks,

Pragya Singh

• 4.  Re: How to Get XOG of timesheet period?

Posted Nov 03, 2014 07:25 AM

Hi Sparc.helpdesk,

As you said, we were not able to do this via XOG using the prj_timeperiods_write xml file.

We wanted to automate the same but didn't venture for a direct DB update on this stock PRTIMEPERIOD table. So I hope, from your experience, nothing went wrong till now even after doing this periodic sql update almost like the one below, within a SP?

update PRTIMEPERIOD set prisopen=0 where prisopen=1 and prstart<(sysdate-60)

Regards,

Georgy

• 5.  Re: How to Get XOG of timesheet period?

Posted Nov 03, 2014 08:04 AM

Hi Georgy,

We did not tried using xml files. May be it can work, but I am not sure.

For our case, we took the SQL  trace of open timeperiod action and found in the trace that only prtimeperiod table is updated with the statement  like:

update prtimeperiod set prisopen=1

where prid= ?

So, writing the SQL procedure was more easy for us than going for XOG. We are using this procedure from last 5 months and till now everything is fine.

With the help of this procedure we are also able to automated closing of timeperiods when extra timeperiods are opened for large editing and they are closed at a specific schedule.

Also, we open 11 timeperiods at a time (6-past, 1-current and 4-future) but the statment is same for updating the value of PRISOPEN field to 0 or 1.

Thanks,

Pragya Singh