Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Print to PDF?

• 1.  Print to PDF?

Posted 10-23-2014 09:25 AM

Has anyone had any luck successfully getting Clarity to Print/Export to PDF? Just from standard list views, dashboards, portlet pages, etc? We canont get anything to produce any halfway decent looking output.

I've tried FireFox and IE, and any native Print to PDF browser functions are void of any graphics, colors, and cut off the screen and only show what is visible on the screen. We've also used PrimoPDF and by suggestion of CA tried PDF-it. No luck there either. It's actually rather sad that we cannot get any decent looking exportable views to share with people who do not have access to Clarity. Export to Excel and Powerpoint aren't much better. We do use the export to Excel frequently when we need to run some analytics from list view data. However the Export to PPT is less than useless.

• 2.  Re: Print to PDF?

Posted 10-23-2014 04:34 PM

Yes, you will print only what is visible on the screen.

Maybe you can get better graphics and colors if you set the option Print Background (Graphics and colors) on

Export to Excel and Export will export the whole view/page, but they will display the graphics differently from Clarity, That even varies from Office version to Office version.

Would attach a sample in pdf form, but don't see any option how to add attachments.

• 3.  Re: Print to PDF?

Posted 10-24-2014 04:19 AM

Hi!

I experience the same problem; Trying to print from a Grid portlet with more returned results than what shows in the screen-in-screen window (sorry, I don't know the proper terminology). And it's no difference if this is to a physical printer or to PDF.

I'm told this is due to "HTML 5 and style sheets". So, what one would expect is a link/button icon, similar to the Export to Excel, Personalize or Manage My Tabs icons, which would be "Show Print-friendly view" and that based on a print-friendly stylesheet opens up in a new pop-up window. Even pre-print-requested activated.

This should ideally be OOTB from CA, but probably is only about creating a print-friendly style sheet and point a link to it.

Has any-one done this already?

/Peter

• 4.  Re: Print to PDF?

Posted 10-24-2014 06:15 AM

Some of the samples are  attached to

https://communities.ca.com/message/16523150#16523150

due to "HTML 5 and style sheets"

there is not much a user can do.

If you have a browser you can scale the view down so that it fits the screen. That may be the solution in some cases but in others it may give unreadable small print.

In the Gantt of 13.3. there is the printer friendly option.

You create an idea in the ideation for that.

• 5.  Re: Print to PDF?

Posted 10-24-2014 09:55 AM

I've had good results in using crystal reports set to default export to PDF..

Set up a report action on the object to the report, when you click the link... you get a nice formatted PDF report of whatever you want.

Obviously you'll need to build the reports and that can be painful to get right.

Maybe in future releases these export options on the pages will be improved