Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to get Crystal Report to Load to CA OnDemand

Posted Mar 12, 2015 02:24 PM

I am admittedly new to Crystal Reports, as well as SQL, and am having some difficulty getting a report to load.

Report is created and working perfectly in Crystal 2008. It joins 3 tables: ODF_CA_PRJ_DECISION_LOG (a custom table that houses our decision logs), INV_INVESTMENTS, and SRM_RESOURCES.

The filter fields are: ODF_CA_PRJ_DECISION_LOG.DECISION_STATUS, INV_INVESTMENTS.NAME, and SRM_RESOURCES.USER_ID.

When I try to upload the file to CA Clarity, I get the following error message:

Adding Crystal Report "FMC Decision Log Expanded.rpt" failed. The server with kind rptappserver returned an error result. Failed to copy the report file to the report object. Refreshing the report object properties might have failed. Failed to read data from report file /fs0/od/CA/SharedComponents/CommonReporting3/bobje/data/CrystalReportsRasServer/temp/{35DFB594-9624-11E4-A068-005056AC0886}.rpt. Reason: Failed to read parameter object

My parameters are: param_dec_log_status, param_inv_investments_name, and param_i_manager. I know it has to do with the one of the 2nd two because it worked fine on my first iteration that only had the first one. Do I just need to change the parameter name, which is shared with another report that I did not create? Or do I need to create a NEW lookup instead of using one of the existing ones? param_inv_investments_name currently references the lookup Browse Investments and param_i_manager references Browse Resources.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I've been spinning my wheels trying to get this fixed!

Heidi

• 2.  Re: Unable to get Crystal Report to Load to CA OnDemand

Posted Mar 16, 2015 03:57 PM

Anyone?

• 3.  Re: Unable to get Crystal Report to Load to CA OnDemand

Posted Mar 17, 2015 05:29 AM

• 4.  Re: Unable to get Crystal Report to Load to CA OnDemand

Posted Mar 17, 2015 10:05 AM

Heidi,

How are you saving the report file up to the server?  When you open Crystal Reports, Select Open.  Then select "Enterprise" from the right side of the "Open File" dialog box.  This will prompt you for the Report Server and login info (You have to be on the VPN at this point). Enter your Server/login info.  This connects you directly to the report server and you can open/save files directly to the server.  If there is something wrong with your report file that prevents it from being saved up to the server, it should give you an error message here.

your parameters/lookups should not cause an error because it is used on another report.  It may be a data type issue.

If this is a query based datasource, make sure you are creating your parameters in the query builder and they are the correct data type.  This will apply the parameter to the query and limit the amount of data you are bringing in.

Hope this helps.

-Doug Kalkowski

WinMill Software

www.winmill.com

• 5.  Re: Unable to get Crystal Report to Load to CA OnDemand

Posted Mar 17, 2015 11:45 AM

Can you elaborate on the queries? Changing the parameters from dynamic to static allowed me to upload the report, but now it doesn't have any data in the report (within clarity). Any ideas?

Heidi

• 6.  Re: Unable to get Crystal Report to Load to CA OnDemand

Posted Mar 17, 2015 12:04 PM
      |   view attached

When you create your report, select Oracle Server as the connection type.  You'll need to know the DB connection info.

Then select "Add Command" to enter in a manually created query as your data source.

enter in your query and then select "Create" to create a parameter.

Once the parameter is create, double click on it to add it to your query.  See the attached screenshots to see how to do this.

-Doug

Attachment(s)

docx
    Query Example.docx   42 KB 1 version