Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  OBS Group rights (Restricting PM' edit rights at the same OBS level)

Posted Oct 20, 2014 09:36 AM

Hi ALL, 

We are using OBS level rights .At every OBS we have respective PM,User groups created . In a particular OBS say \germany IF we have two Project Manager ,how do i restrict one PM from editing the Projects of other PM's in the same level (Germany in this case). We we are giving Edit rights at a particular OBS level all PM can see and edit each others project at Germany level. Even if I remove the edit rights and give only view rights Projects are editable to other PM's . I was able to achieve the same at different OBS levels but in the same level restriction of Edit rights to various PM with the Group approach looks to me not feasible .Although,I am not sure Is there any way so that i can achieve the functionality at the same level in the OBS. 

Regards, Supriya Chakraborty

• 2.  Re: OBS Group rights (Restricting PM' edit rights at the same OBS level)

Posted Oct 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Because you are doing this;

"we are giving Edit rights at a particular OBS level all PM can see and edit each others project at Germany level."

this obviously stops you from doing this;

"how do i restrict one PM from editing the Projects of other PM's in the same level"

However, when you say;

"Even if I remove the edit rights and give only view rights Projects are editable to other PM's"

Then that sounds wrong - there must be something else going on; if you have removed the edit right to that OBS's data from the group then then group members should not be able to edit that data (unless the group members get that edit right through some other means)

So I think you have the right solution, it is just not implemented in your system correctly - that you only grant view rights at OBS level to the groups, and leave the edit right to the auto-right that that named project manager will get.

(but you really need to understand the other rights that might be confusing your solution)

• 3.  Re: OBS Group rights (Restricting PM' edit rights at the same OBS level)

Posted Oct 20, 2014 03:09 PM

You could also try to see what exactly are the rights of a PM having too much rights and where do they come from.

You would do that eg. by going to the Reources in the administration and looking at the Global rights, OBS rights and where from do they come and Instance rights and associated instances.