Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to provide DOWNLOAD access to the Project documents accross for a NON PARTICIPANT resource?

Posted Sep 12, 2014 07:59 PM

Hi,

I am looking for an option to provide download access to Projects documents to the Auditors ? They are not participants.  I know we can set the view for non participants. But I would like to set them up for download for all the projects.

Appreciate your help In adv.

PMP.

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to provide DOWNLOAD access to the Project documents accross for a NON PARTICIPANT resource?

Posted Sep 15, 2014 02:43 AM

Hi Prakash,

How about creating a group including all the Auditors and adding this group under Project>>Team>>Participants as a system group? But not sure how you will do this for that many projects

scrns.png

Regards,

Georgy

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to provide DOWNLOAD access to the Project documents accross for a NON PARTICIPANT resource?

Posted Sep 15, 2014 06:28 PM

Gerogy ,

Ys thats my problem I have to apply this for all the projects.

Thanks anway

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to provide DOWNLOAD access to the Project documents accross for a NON PARTICIPANT resource?

Posted Sep 16, 2014 04:04 PM

I was thinking about this and will most likely need to do this in the future as we also have groups of non-participants resources who need assess to project documents.

So my idea is to create an HTML portlet (one / two pages) that:

1.    Validates that a user (via their session) as the rights to review any project document.

2.    Pulls a list (via NSQL query web services) of projects along with each of their documents.

3.    Push the list into a tree and display the resulting tree to the user.

4.    The user would open the project node branch (under a parent node based on the first letter of the project) to see which documents are available.

5.    When the user clicks on a document node, the page opens another window, sets the response content mine-type (returned in the web service results) and dumps the a byte array of the file into the response stream.

There is a static method inside the dms.jar that will pull a document into a byte array base on its file version id which gives us the output byte array that we need for the response output stream.

6.    At this point the browser takes over and asks the user if they want to save the document or open it (assuming that the mine-type is known to the browser).

I built a simple test html to check out the user UI. ( the query api refused to sort the results which I didn't understand -- it sorted based on the dim UniqueId).

ScreenHunter_35 Sep. 16 12.50.png

based on the following NSQL (not validate that it is correct but returns results -- also not all records had mine_types so I  supplied a few if they were null):

SELECT @SELECT:DIM:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:X:X.UniqueId:UniqueId@
    , @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:X:X.TreeNode:TreeNode@
    , @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:X:X.ProjectName:ProjectName@
    , @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:X:X.ProjectCode:ProjectCode@
    , @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:X:X.FileName:FileName@
    , @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:X:X.MimeType:MimeType@
    , @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:X:X.FileId:FileId@
    FROM (
    SELECT
    v.id as UniqueId,
    UPPER(SUBSTR(iv.name, 1, 1)) as TreeNode,
    iv.name as ProjectName, p2.NAME as ProjectCode, f.name as FileName,
    nvl(case
    when f.mime_type is null and Lower(SUBSTR(f.name, INSTR(f.name, '.',-1))) = '.docx' then  'application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document'
    when f.mime_type is null and Lower(SUBSTR(f.name, INSTR(f.name, '.',-1))) = '.xlsx' then  'application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet'
    when f.mime_type is null and Lower(SUBSTR(f.name, INSTR(f.name, '.',-1))) = '.pptx' then  'application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation'
    else
    f.mime_type
    end ,'application/octet-stream') as MimeType,
    v.file_id as FileId
    FROM clb_dms_folders p2
    inner join inv_investments iv on iv.code = p2.name
    inner join clb_dms_folders p1 on p2.ID = p1.parent_folder_id
    inner join clb_dms_files f on p1.ID = f.parent_folder_id
    inner join clb_dms_versions v on f.ID = v.file_id
    where v.IS_LATEST = 1
    and iv.IS_ACTIVE = 1
    order by iv.name, f.name