Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Lookup Attribute not Giving Object ID

Posted Dec 08, 2014 11:44 PM

I have to create Object Attribute with Lookup added in it, That lookup ask for Object ID but when I configure it is not Giving me any Data Id as Object ID other attributes are present.

• 2.  Re: Lookup Attribute not Giving Object ID

Posted Dec 09, 2014 03:20 AM

Some more details please eg, what type of attribute and which lookup.

• 3.  Re: Lookup Attribute not Giving Object ID

Posted Dec 09, 2014 03:30 AM

As "urmas" said, please provide us some more details as the current details are not sufficient to understand the issue that you are facing. It would be helpful, if you mention the exact steps that you followed.

• 4.  Re: Lookup Attribute not Giving Object ID

Posted Dec 09, 2014 04:01 AM

If a lookup is asking you for an "object id", then this sounds like a parametrized lookup - you have to make the mapping in the attribute as to which attribute (from the object) that you wish to pass into the lookup as a parameter (there may be >1 parameters depending upon the NSQL in the lookup itself). For example, if the parameter is just the object's id then choose '[--Object Id--]' (etc).

• 5.  Re: Lookup Attribute not Giving Object ID

Posted Dec 09, 2014 04:55 AM

Thank Dave,

Perfect as Always "Dave" Thanks! I was Looking for the same I give parameter as Object Code now it is working.

Thanks You!

Guys Do you have any IDea how to get Image of Green yellow Red indicators in HTML portlet.

• 6.  Re: Lookup Attribute not Giving Object ID
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 09, 2014 10:47 AM

Hello,

There is a bug in version 13.3 (fixed in the last patch 10)

You might want to have a look at this tech doc, in case you are running 13.3

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec613849.aspx

[--Object ID--] is missing in the Object Attribute ID list for a Lookup Parameter Mapping

Cheers,

Raúl

• 7.  Re: Lookup Attribute not Giving Object ID

Posted Dec 09, 2014 10:50 AM

Ouch that is a nasty bug (if one were using lots of parametrised lookups in 13.3) - good info!