Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Post transactions to financial job

Posted Jan 26, 2015 09:14 AM

Hi all, I have quite urgent question on you. We have some issues in ppa_wip table (double records for users) and would like to re-create the whole Posting transactions timesheet job again. Do you know what "flag" is set (I suppose on Timesheet level) when this job (Post transactions to financial) is run? I mean when I'd like to run this job again against all posted timesheets, no data appears in PPA_TRANSCONTROL table. I'd like to set this flag, which ensures that from timesheet has been already created financial record, to the previous value, run Post transactions to financial again and continue with Post to WIP job. Many thanks for your responses Matej

• 2.  Re: Post transactions to financial job

Posted Jan 26, 2015 12:29 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you want to achieve by doing this; but be warned if you're already having double transactions appearing, that re-posting transactions from timesheets into the IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT table, and going through the process of posting to financials which will pass them through PPA_TRANSCONTROL for approving finally into PPA_WIP, that you could end up with triple transactions instead of a cancellation of the double/duplicate.

For this reason I would exercise caution and you may want to work with Support on addressing this correctly and avoiding potential (further) data corruption you might end up with by forcing the re-posting of those timesheets.  If they need to take that action with you, they can, but there may be a better/safer way they have of addressing the problem that would be preferred instead.

• 3.  Re: Post transactions to financial job

Posted Jan 27, 2015 01:59 AM

1. I agree with what nick_darlington has mentioned

2. "Do you know what "flag" is set (I suppose on Timesheet level) when this job (Post transactions to financial) is run?" - That's the PRTIMEENTRY.PRRMEXPORTED  field (A flag that indicates whether the time entry row has been processed and data sent to the project accounting component.)

NJ

• 4.  Re: Post transactions to financial job

Posted Jan 27, 2015 03:15 AM

Hi, Thanks both for your responses.

I've just tested this "PRRMEXPORTED" flag, but it is 1 in Posted timesheet, but I didn't run job "Post transactions to financial" yet...

Do you know why?  In fact I've tried to find this flag and compared Prtimesheets and Prtimeentry tables, but couldn't find any difference between Posted timesheet before this transactions job and after...

Another question:

Is there any "best safe" way how to update ppa_wip table directly? We have analyzed "corrupted/doubled" records in ppa_wip table and would like to delete them. I know that updating such an important table is not recommended, but would like to ask if this deletion is "enough". I mean if doubled transaction disappear from transactions (Chargebacks -> Transactions) in projects.

We have just discovered tables ppa_transwipadjust and ppa_transwipadjust_values. Could be there added our changes (we would like to set 0 in amount of hours to all invalid records)

and then run something procedure or job which approves these changes in ppa_wip table?

Many thanks

Matej

• 5.  Re: Post transactions to financial job

Posted Jan 27, 2015 03:20 AM

"I've just tested this "PRRMEXPORTED" flag, but it is 1 in Posted timesheet" - Did you just post a timesheet / are you looking at a timesheet that was already posted ?

The externalbatchid column in the ppa_wip table refers to the timesheet id

You can check the date when the transaction was posted ppa_wip

NJ

• 6.  Re: Post transactions to financial job

Posted Jan 27, 2015 03:23 AM

Can you check these as well ?

PPA_BILLING_VALUES

PPA_BILLINGDETAILS

PPA_BILLINGS

"We have analyzed "corrupted/doubled" records in ppa_wip table and would like to delete them."

As nick_darlington has already mentioned "....I would exercise caution and you may want to work with Support on addressing this correctly and avoiding potential (further) data corruption you might end up with by forcing the re-posting of those timesheets.  If they need to take that action with you, they can, but there may be a better/safer way they have of addressing the problem that would be preferred instead."

NJ

• 7.  Re: Post transactions to financial job

Posted Jan 27, 2015 03:25 AM

Hi,

I've tested it like: Approve TS, run job Post timesheets and check flag "PRRMEXPORTED" via query:

(This retrieved me 10 TS(8 TS for which Post transactions to financial was run yesterday and 2 today's TS which are in status Posted but not run Post transactions to financial job yet):

select * from PRTimeSheet prt

Inner Join Srm_Resources Srm On Srm.Id = Prt.Prresourceid

Inner Join Prtimeentry Prtime On Prt.Prid = Prtime.Prtimesheetid

Where Srm.Unique_Name Like 'AAGUILA%'

The externalbatchid column in the ppa_wip table refers to the  timesheet id... as these 2 TS were not processed, there are no records in ppa_wip table  yet for them.

• 8.  Re: Post transactions to financial job

Posted Jan 27, 2015 03:27 AM

"these 2 TS were not processed, there are no records in ppa_wip table" - so the "PRRMEXPORTED" was 0, correct ?

NJ

• 9.  Re: Post transactions to financial job

Posted Jan 27, 2015 03:41 AM

Hi, No, I mean that I cannot search for records in ppa_wip table for these two Timesheets as tehy weere not processed yet.

PRRMEXPORTED flag is still 1 for all Posted TS - and as I said, also for thesde 2 where I didn;t run Post transactions to financial yet.

I've checked this PPA_BILLINGS table. It seems there are some rates information about each transaction. But no idea how it can help me...

Generally, I had two options in my mind have to solve our issue:

1.) Find this PRRMEXPORTED flag, which unfortunately doesn't work for me (then would like to process all posted timesheets again, make transaction and post to wip)

2.) Update ppa_wip directly or with XOG (never used with ppa_wip) or by ppa_transwipadjust but of mass records somehow.

Thanks

Matej

• 10.  Re: Post transactions to financial job

Posted Jan 27, 2015 05:21 AM

Hi All,

I've just clarified my question :

Is it possible to adjust a huge amount of records in ppa_wip table via WIP adjustments somehow? What steps do you suggest?

And then run something procedure which approves/moved these changes into the ppa_wip table?

I've also created ticket regarding this

but you are much faster in your response. Thanks