Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Mass Deployion MSP Interface and Schedule Connect Components With Marimba

Posted Jul 07, 2014 02:41 PM

I am currently trying to package up the connectors to deploy to about 1200 users company wide, the tool we are using to deploy this software is BMC Marimba, however it appears that the security settings with windows 7 are not allowing marimba to fully execute the installtion files in order to get loaded into these users machines. I spoke to the software engineering team that created the image for the windows 7 being loaded on all the machines and they are asking for the minimum admin requirements in order to install this software into a machine. When i went to CA they are telling me that one needs full admin rights to install the software, however this does not apply to a system install, which is being executed by a deployment tool such as Marimba. Would anyone have any tips or feedback on the requirements needed for the connectors  to be successfully deployed to a windows 7 machine. Any help would be appreciated. ThanKS!

• 2.  Re: Mass Deployion MSP Interface and Schedule Connect Components With Marimba

Posted Jul 08, 2014 04:41 AM

If that were OWB then you would do a test install as the local admin and see if there are any registry entries added in HKEY_CURREN_USER (for OWB there are) and export those.

Then you would create the install script to be run as the normal user, but to do the install as the local admn and after the install import those registry entries you had exported.

Maybe you can follow that for MS Project and Marimba.

• 3.  Re: Mass Deployion MSP Interface and Schedule Connect Components With Marimba

Posted Jul 08, 2014 11:38 AM

Thank you for your input, when i go into the reg editor i see the following,

A Niku folder with workbench as a sub folder

Picture1.png
    and withing the office directory, there is the add in information.

Picture2.png

If i can just get the minimum security requirements for the software to install in a win 7 operating system I  think the software engineering team in my company can figure it you, it appears to be a permissions issue with the windows 7 image. I am  trying to ge ta meeting with the CA rep that has my case, however she suggested I create this thread as she only supports single installation. Thank you again for your input in this matter.

• 4.  Re: Mass Deployion MSP Interface and Schedule Connect Components With Marimba

Posted Jul 08, 2014 04:56 PM

I tend to agreed that it definitely is a permission issue. When it was XP and before installing as local admin was not that big a deal. Come SP's, Vista and W7 with tighter security the install did not brought up is causing these problems in corporate environments. While we consultants working mainly on stand alone developer's workstations and system do not see the problem while logged in as local admins.