Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  TEC520261 Title: Clarity: Basic Steps to Improve Rate Matrix Extraction Job Performance

Posted Jul 15, 2014 05:42 AM

I am logged in to Support Online and search for TEC520261
    ( Title: Clarity: Basic Steps to Improve Rate Matrix Extraction Job Performance)

It displays OK in the search results, but when I try open or down load it I get

Cannot_retrieve.bmp

So, how do I get it?

• 2.  Re: TEC520261 Title: Clarity: Basic Steps to Improve Rate Matrix Extraction Job Performance

Posted Jul 15, 2014 09:05 AM

Hi urmas

I believe your question may have a better chance of being answered correctly in the Clarity PPM community, so I'm going to move this thread over there.

Thanks!

Melanie

• 3.  Re: TEC520261 Title: Clarity: Basic Steps to Improve Rate Matrix Extraction Job Performance

Posted Jul 15, 2014 03:06 PM

The reason for posting it here is that I was advised that the successor of Technical documentation feedback community is the Water Cooler.

Is that not the case?

• 4.  Re: TEC520261 Title: Clarity: Basic Steps to Improve Rate Matrix Extraction Job Performance

Posted Jul 15, 2014 03:18 PM

Hi urmas,

My apologies - I did not realize this was a technical documentation discussion. Yes, those threads are being moved over to the Water Cooler due to the discontinuation of the Feedback Community. Moving forward if you could please identify these threads as such and tag them with "technical_information_/_documentation_feedback" to help me correctly identify these threads, that would be great.

Moving this thread back to the water cooler!

Thanks!

Melanie

• 5.  Re: TEC520261 Title: Clarity: Basic Steps to Improve Rate Matrix Extraction Job Performance

Posted Jul 15, 2014 10:33 AM

It might be that the document / article has been removed.

NJ

• 6.  Re: TEC520261 Title: Clarity: Basic Steps to Improve Rate Matrix Extraction Job Performance

Posted Jul 15, 2014 03:12 PM

Well, that could be the case, however, the message text indicates that you would still get it under the counter if you are under support.

If it is not available then all the references in the other TecDocs should be revised and maybe when you try to access it instead of the message above you would get

The item you requested is no longer valid and has been removed. For the respective information see TecDocs........ (or maybe the Cookbook)

Fortunately I managed to locate it and did not even  have to ask around.

• 7.  Re: TEC520261 Title: Clarity: Basic Steps to Improve Rate Matrix Extraction Job Performance
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2014 04:06 PM

The Technical Article TEC520261 has been retired and is no longer available.

It had information specific to a previous version of Microsoft SQL Server implementations and is no longer applicable to the current releases.

Although that document was specific to MSSQL Server, similar information that was included in that document regarding Matrix usage and scheduling can be found in TEC474741

The biggest impact to the performance of the job is the option for extracting rates for the schedulers.  This option will create more records for expanding the rates to cover dates outside the project dates.  If this is not needed, you do not have to use this option and this would improve performance and reduce the amount of data generated into the table.

Addendum: Also check the configuration of the incompatible jobs for the Matrix - as noted in one of the related articles from TEC474741.