Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to identify if documents are present under a folder in CollaborationTab

• 1.  How to identify if documents are present under a folder in CollaborationTab

Posted Jun 05, 2014 03:29 PM

Hi All,

Is there any way where we can identify if any documents are attached under a folder in Collaboration Tab.

The moment you create a folder the + sign appears. The + sign does not mean that there are documents under that folder.

The size of the folder is also not displayed. The only field that is present is the modified date. This field cannot be used as the folder can be created at a later point of the project.

Is there any other mechanism to find out?

Regards,

Teena Antony

• 2.  RE: How to identify if documents are present under a folder in Collaboratio

Posted Jun 11, 2014 07:01 AM

Hi Teena,

I tried the same in Clarity v13.0, in knowledge store too.You are right. Any new/empty folders also have the PLUS sign next to them which mislead us to think that they have contents in those folders. If you look at the 2nd screenshot, the Templates and Training Materials folders are empty while files only reside in Test Folder, yet i see PLUS beside all the 3 folders!!!!

In the 1st screenshot, we can see the size column showing the filesize against each individual files, but fails to give the sum of all filesizes under a particular folder in the 2nd screenshot, which also would have resolved your concern.

I don't think there is a CA supported way to fix this issue. Why don't you put the same issue as an Idea?

Thanks,

Georgy