Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Can we Access process through HTML portlet using java script?

Posted May 16, 2014 03:47 AM

Hi

Can we access process by any means using HTML Portlets using Java script?

I heard that Java script is not working in ondemand environment, how much is this true?

please help me with these questions.

Thank you

Naveen

• 2.  RE: Can we Access process through HTML portlet using java script?

Posted May 20, 2014 02:54 PM
    naveen_challagulla:

Hi

Can we access process by any means using HTML Portlets using Java script?

I heard that Java script is not working in ondemand environment, how much is this true?

please help me with these questions.

Thank you

Naveen

Hi All,

Any input here for Naveen?

Thanks!

Chris

• 3.  RE: Can we Access process through HTML portlet using java script?
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2014 11:17 PM

I have found that only random javascript will work in an html portlet, when you insert it directly into it.

The way I get around this is I create a html file in the knowledge store that has all the JS and html in it for the entire portlet.
    Then I create a html portlet with an iframe in it.
    Inside the Iframe I link to the html file in the knowledge store.  If using v13+ then just open the link from the knowledge store in a new tab and remove everything after the file extension.

Example Below:

https://yourwebsite.ondemand.ca.com/niku/app?action=dms.viewFile&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true&fileId=5043428&fileName=webpage.html&filedownload=filedownload&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true

Change to:

/niku/app?action=dms.viewFile&RhXm0r7tSeUqEr=true&fileId=5043428&fileName=webpage.html

Place that into the src part of the iframe.

That is how I have done it for probably about 25+ onDemand clients.

• 4.  RE: Can we Access process through HTML portlet using java script?

Posted Jun 04, 2014 08:37 AM

Thanks Chris, This helpful for Java script execution in ondemand environment.  But my problem is with , How to initiate the process through Java Script. Is this can be achieve through calling webservice like Invoke Action type (Process Invocation)?   If Yes, can you provide the sample code for that one?