Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  several schedule when opening using workbench

Posted Jan 07, 2014 10:46 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

Some users see several times the same schedule when trying to open a schedule via workbench.
    I checked on other users, they are not affected by this problem.
    Have you any idea about this problem and how can we resolve it ?

Regards

• 2.  RE: several schedule when opening using workbench

Posted Jan 07, 2014 10:47 PM

I have a faint recollection of having seen that so long ago that can't remember any details.

Do the users have the global file specified in OBW Tools  - Options - File locations or site.rmg file on their workstation?

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: several schedule when opening using workbench

Posted Jan 09, 2014 11:07 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks for your response,

sorry, i didn't understand well the question.

below you will find the picture caption about the global file which is empty.

may be this error occurred during the creation of new calendar 2014

there are several users who have this problem

thanks all for your help

• 4.  RE: several schedule when opening using workbench

Posted Jan 09, 2014 12:11 PM

That is OK and eliminates that reason.

Is there a file called site.rmg on the workstation in the Open Workbench folder or in one of its subfolders?

Martti K.

• 5.  RE: several schedule when opening using workbench

Posted Jan 10, 2014 03:26 AM

Hello,

Thanks again for your response, i just check the folder and subfolder but didn't find the file site.rmg, it's normal ?

Regards

• 6.  RE: several schedule when opening using workbench

Posted Jan 10, 2014 03:59 AM

The Global file site.rmg and its definition in the locations will override some not properly documented values from the dtabase with local values on the workstation and if used can cause problems if the user is not aware of the situation and the details. In order to use the valaues from database only the file site.rmg must not exist on the workstation and and the definition must be blank.

That is the way I like, because then I get what I expect to get.

Sorry to say that did not provide explanation to your experience.

Consider resintalling OWB, schedule connect and jre. After uninstall clear the registry for Open Workbench and Niku entries before reinstall.

Which versions of Windows, Windows bits, Clarity, OWB, schedule connect and jre are you using?

Martti K.

• 7.  RE: several schedule when opening using workbench

Posted Jan 10, 2014 02:59 PM

You could open a case with support.

Martti K.

• 8.  RE: several schedule when opening using workbench

Posted Jan 14, 2014 11:50 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I prefer searching still before opening a case.
    So, i just find the same error in this forum https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-clarity-global-user-community/message-board/-/message_boards/message/100207081?p_p_auth=i48odcYq&#p_19
    But, i don't understand all...and above all the solution proposed by Ruth.

Need any help please to solve this problem

Regards

• 9.  RE: several schedule when opening using workbench

Posted Jan 14, 2014 12:01 PM

^ that other thread is to do with seeing the project duplicated in Clarity - not in OpenWorkbench.  (Of course the "problem" could be the same but if it were then I would expect this to affect all users in OWB not just some users).

By all means keep searching / asking for help in the community ; but do also raise a support call - CA Support have access to a much wider knowledge base (of issues, fixes and bugs) than the user community does and they might even have an immediate answer for you.  (And access to CA Support knowledge is part of what you pay your software licence fee for! smiley )

• 10.  RE: several schedule when opening using workbench

Posted Jan 14, 2014 12:13 PM

The other thing with that is that it sounds as if the problem occurs for all users, not just one.

Though the problem is in the Earned Value area even if no EV jobs have been run accordign to the poster.

Not to open a case with support is your choice.

Another option is to bring it up during the next Office Hours session if it is accepted for discussion there.

Martti K.