Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

XOG Fiscal Time Periods

• 1.  XOG Fiscal Time Periods

Posted Oct 12, 2010 07:08 AM
    Hello Community,  Can anyone tell me if it is possible to XOG Fiscal Time Periods in and/or out of Clarity V12 SaaS?    Thank You,Timma

• 2.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods

It is a pre-requisite of the club that you be confounded by the filenames :-)  BTW: Many folk don't even recognize the helpfulness of the \xml folder!  I suggest searching for strings within the \xml folder when it isn't obvious (e.g. for 'period') - it can help narrow things down. Of course you need to avoid strings that will be found in many files for this to help.      

• 3.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods

to the best of my knowledge, experience and research, no you cannot.  

• 4.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods

Why don't you try pasting  

into http:// /niku/app=XOG.client?action=XOG.clientor the respective https if the normal client does not connect

• 5.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods

it works.create a few time periods of each type you'll be using as exemplars then use the above XOG.this will create a template that you can then create more to XOG back in.one thing to be mindful of is you need to create consecutive (prior or next) time periods against what is already there.eg. you need to add a previous year, start with December and go backwards.   add a following hear, start with January.you may receive a FATAL error             XOG-3642: New periods must not create a gap with the existing periods.before you re-XOG, check the fiscal time periods to make sure what you expect to see is or isn't there.  thanks to Martink. If i could give kudos I would, but this is not my thread.This is the second time that the user community has come up with very useful XOG's that are not included in the XOG client download.  I am curious as to the original source of this XOG.   I have been told by CA tech support that it was impossible to XOG in fiscal time periods, but that was from a tier-1 technician, and many is the time where tier-1 "you can't do that" advice has been contradicted by senior SE's and architect's who provided working solutions.  

• 6.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods

beekerc2 : you can give "Kudos" anywhere (your thread or not).   Look; I'll give some to Martti for this too!   :-)    You can only "Mark Solutions" in your thread though.

• 7.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods

The sample is in the glperiods.xml file that comes with the client, look for a file name that starts with "gl", I am not sure of the exact name without access to a server at this moment.

• 8.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods

Yes, that is the standard xml file that comes with the package. The names are likepac_glperiod_read.xml and write  Martti K.

• 9.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods

don't know how i missed that.   CA probably could have done a better job of naming that file.More importantly, they could have done a better job of informing their tech support people and SE's that there is indeed a way to XOG in fiscal time periods and this is the file to use.Anyway,thanks again for the infoB

• 10.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods

Welcome to the club.That is not the only place where you have to look past the firs syllable and believe only what you can reproduce.  Martti K.

• 11.  Re: XOG Fiscal Time Periods

I am passing this onto some XOG experts so they can help make others aware.

Regards,
    Chris

• 12.  RE: XOG Fiscal Time Periods
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 22, 2020 02:11 PM
    I know this is a really old post but i needed a reminder today and found this post. Figured i would update it. 
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="./src/webroot/WEB-INF/xog/xsd/nikuxog_entity.xsd">
    	<Header version="13.0" action="read" objectType="entity" externalSource="NIKU">
       <!-- Use include_glperiods, if you need to read fiscal time periods for entity -->
    	 <args name="include_glperiods" value="true"/>
       <!-- Use include_plandefaults, if you need to read plan defaults for entity -->
    	 <!-- <args name="include_plandefaults" value="true"/> -->

</Header>
    	<Query>
    <!--
    		<Filter name="entity" criteria="EQUALS">entity 987</Filter>
    		<Filter name="description" criteria="OR">*multi*</Filter>
    -->		
    	</Query>
    </NikuDataBus>