Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Project Name and Code as lookup in filter in portlet based on task Object

Posted May 14, 2014 05:18 AM

Hi All,

We have created a portlet on task object, we want to include "Project Name" and "Project Code" as multivalued attributes in filter view of portlet.

I tried to include same virtual attributes on task object, but as these attributes are string type on project object I am able to add them in filter as string type and not as lookup type.

Any workaround or suggestion to add them as lookup type would be highly appreciable.

• 2.  RE: Project Name and Code as lookup in filter in portlet based on task Obje

Posted May 14, 2014 08:01 AM

One way to tackle this issue is to create a dynamic queried lookup which returns the Project ID. In the lookup the display attribute should be the Project Name and th key should be the Project ID.

This lookup should be mapped in the portlet. This way you can get Project Name to be multi selection type in the filter section.

From what I have observed, the Multi- valued select in the filter section, works only when the attribute is Numeric type.

Regards,

Ashwini

• 3.  RE: Project Name and Code as lookup in filter in portlet based on task Obje

Posted May 15, 2014 04:29 AM
    ashwini.ananthan:

One way to tackle this issue is to create a dynamic queried lookup which returns the Project ID. In the lookup the display attribute should be the Project Name and th key should be the Project ID.

This lookup should be mapped in the portlet. This way you can get Project Name to be multi selection type in the filter section.

From what I have observed, the Multi- valued select in the filter section, works only when the attribute is Numeric type.

Regards,

Ashwini

Ashwini,

Thanks for your reply but as I mentioned this is object based portlet and data type for Project Code is string , in portlet it can not be changed to Lookup in portlet :(