Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

New User Experience

• 1.  New User Experience

Posted Jun 06, 2019 03:33 PM
    Hello Everyone, 

Currently, I could see there are only 7 years listed as a "START PERIOD", when I click on New Road Map in New User Experience. Is there a way to populate the value for 10 Years ? Do I need to update any TimeSlice to populate the values for 10 years? If yes, please provide some assistance.

• 2.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jun 06, 2019 03:45 PM
    My understanding from the 15.6.1 previews unless I completely missed it, is that they come from the Fiscal periods.
    See how your annual fiscal periods are defined and if there are only seven the add some more to make them 10.

• 3.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jun 07, 2019 10:39 AM
    You need to add more "1 year" fiscal period time, to reach the 10 year time span.

this is done on Admin > Financial > Setup > Entity > Fiscal period time

it doesnt need to be active, okey!

Cheers,
    Pablo

------------------------------
    Consultant
    SAM
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jun 07, 2019 10:40 AM

Do I need to run any job to deactivate the oldest year ? I have deactivated them in "Fiscal Period" and it is not going away from the list. For Example: I have deactivated 2015 in Fiscal Time Period and it is still showing up. 

• 5.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jun 07, 2019 12:25 PM
    In 15.5.1. I see all existing that is active and inactive  periods.

• 6.  RE: New User Experience
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 21, 2019 04:07 PM
    Arunachalam Angusamy
    The answer from Mindy Calderon is that you would have to deactivate fiscal periods of all types (monthly, quartely etc)  for that year to remove it from the list.

• 7.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jul 01, 2019 08:20 AM
    Good morning.  I too have this issue.  I've deactivated all fiscal periods for 2010-2015 and all still appear in my dropdown list.  

Roadmap Fiscal years

• 8.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jul 01, 2019 08:32 AM
    See my post above. Deactivate fiscal periods of all types for those years you do not want to see, even if you only see annual periods in the list.

• 9.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jul 01, 2019 09:45 AM
    That is say you have Roadmap with annual periods and you do not want to see a particular year you have to deactivate that year.
    But that is not enough.
    You have the deactivate the quarterly, monthly and weekly periods for that year, too.

• 10.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jul 01, 2019 10:08 AM
    ​Martti,

I did that, they are all still showing.  When I go into fiscal periods 2016-2019 are the only active fiscal periods.

• 11.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jul 01, 2019 10:23 AM
    That was the best answer I had. I had not tested it myself.
    Open a case with support.

• 12.  RE: New User Experience

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2019 10:36 AM
    Hi Linda,

See if this KB helps to clarify:
    https://ca-broadcomcsm.wolkenservicedesk.com/wolken/esd/knowledgebase_search?articleId=98036

Thanks,
    Raúl

• 13.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jul 01, 2019 11:36 AM
    Who can access that, my access attempt was rejected.

• 14.  RE: New User Experience

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2019 12:33 PM
    Hi Martti,

This is KB kb000098036. I will try to figure out why you can not access it.
    It shows to me as published.

Do you have access to any of those?
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/kb/ppm-new-ui-roadmap-requires-annually-fiscal-time-periods/kb000098036
    https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/ppm-new-ui-roadmap-requires-annually-fiscal-time-periods/kb000098036

In summary, it says that the new UI will display the annual periods in the roadmaps even if deactivated.
    They would need to be deleted to not be displayed

If Annually Fiscal Time Periods was not defined in Entity, I received the following error messages when I clicked Roadmaps icon in New UI - New User Experience .

"Entity or Fiscal Annual Period is required."
    After I defined Annually Fiscal Time Periods, Roadmaps worked fine.

Roadmaps seems to require at least one Annually Fiscal Time Periods.

The only time periods that you can use with Roadmaps are Annual ones.

PPM15.4.x

When you set up a Roadmap, it checks your fiscal periods and only Annual periods are used.
    The start period and duration are all based on which annual timeperiods are set up.
    If you only have Annual periods for 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020, then the Roadmap can only start on one of these 4 periods and the duration is constrained by the remaining periods.

For example, if you select 2018 as your start period, then the max Roadmap duration will be three years (2018, 2019, and 2020).
    If the start period is set to 2020, then the max duration is one year, 2020.

If you do not want to have yearly time periods available for the Classic UI, you can create them and then leave them set as inactive.
    The New UI uses inactive time periods.

Cheers,
    Raúl

• 15.  RE: New User Experience

Posted Jul 01, 2019 01:05 PM
    Thanks https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/network/members/profile?UserKey=e669f524-5f9c-4d69-a70a-e7d974738c6a
    I can access both of those.

So the answer I got earlier was not correct