Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Error: Running Cleanup Submitted Tasks with archive oprion (IdM 14.1)

Posted Dec 09, 2019 08:24 AM
    Edited by tjmuchenje Dec 09, 2019 08:31 AM
    Hi

I am experiencing the followining issue while running task "Cleanup Submitted Tasks". The SQL DB has grown way too big. 

Environment: 
    DB: MS SQL
    IDM: 14.1

Running Cleanup Submitted Tasks with archive option selected  (IdM 14,1)
    Error: 

Fatal Fatal: Failed to execute CleanupSubmittedTasksEvent. ERROR MESSAGE: Invalid object name 'cmpl_tasksession12_5'.

Settings
    Error Details

Please assist if you have experienced this or know what could be wrong.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tav

------------------------------
    Snr IAM Architect
    I'CURITY SOLUTIONS

• 2.  RE: Error: Running Cleanup Submitted Tasks with archive oprion (IdM 14.1)

Posted Dec 09, 2019 08:54 AM
    Hi,

I believe this has to do with the stored procedures that the Cleanup Submitted Tasks task use. I am having the same issue, but with a different error message:
    Fatal: Failed to execute CleanupSubmittedTasksEvent. ERROR MESSAGE: Invalid object name 'idmtpdb.dbo.task_to_resubmit'.
    Also, I am running 14.2 vApp.

Try to run it with the "Cleanup via Stored Procedure" option UNchecked.

This may also be helpful:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-manager/14-2/administrating/system-management/cleanup-submitted-tasks/cleanup-submitted-tasks-tab.html

Make sure you put the parameters for the task in a way that it doesn't run longer than it is intended.

Software Consultant
    Gliat Tecnologia da Informação
    São Paulo
    Brazil

• 3.  RE: Error: Running Cleanup Submitted Tasks with archive oprion (IdM 14.1)

Posted Dec 09, 2019 09:02 AM
    Hi Henrique,

Thanks for prompt response.
    I can run "Cleanup via Stored Procedure" option UNchecked but its extremley slow. I can hardly see progress to the DB size getting smaller hence i needed to use stroed procedure option.

Kind Regards
    Tavernt

Snr IAM Architect
    I'CURITY SOLUTIONS

• 4.  RE: Error: Running Cleanup Submitted Tasks with archive oprion (IdM 14.1)
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2019 09:31 AM
    I can relate, friend.

I have a ticket open with Support to see how we can fix the stored procedures in the database.

The documentation says that, in case you have the database setup in a way that each component has its own schema (Task Persistence separated from Archive), you must run a SQL script in order to fix the stored procedure. However, this SQL is nowhere to be found in any of the folders indicated in the documentation. We eventually managed to find the SQL script in the 14.3 installation files, but decided not to run it and contact support since there could be specific changes in the script for version 14.3 only. I recommend you do the same.

Software Consultant
    Gliat Tecnologia da Informação
    São Paulo
    Brazil