Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  forms for delegate in IDM Portal

Posted Mar 27, 2020 07:44 AM
    Hello,

I am trying to set a workflow process for "delegation" available into Portal->Configurations.

The task is a special task ( no tabs neither events into admin task configuration panel ) called "PortalPortal Change My Delegations".
    The problem is that this task does not trigger a form when the approver get the request into Portal.

The approver gets the request but there is not form available with data showing who is requesting the delegation.
    I then set a form for the "approvalTask" and now I have a form available for the request, but the "approvalTask" is no making available any field when configuring the form. 
    I am not able to recover who is requesting the delegation, when it start, when it ends, etc. Only able to display msgs not based on IDM fields.

Anyone have tried to set workflow for the delegation option in the portal ?

Also I have tried to use api.getSubject() but it always return null.
    Any way to use getSubject() to list all available objects into the variable ? I know that the objects returned by it depends on the type of admin tasks/objects are being handled.

Tks,
    Lincoln

• 2.  RE: forms for delegate in IDM Portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2020 10:40 AM
    We just need to make some clarifications. are you saying that you are not seeing any information you mean that the delegatee is not seeing information from the delegator?

After a short test in our system, This should be tested in IM first. As Portal is leveraging IM. If it is available then Portal my just be missing the functionality, and this would need to be posted in the IDEATION section and if not it would still be needed to be posted there, just under IM and expanding portal.

Bill Patton

------------------------------
    And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: forms for delegate in IDM Portal

Posted Mar 27, 2020 12:25 PM
    Hello,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Actually it works in IDM user console, but there we use out-of-office assistant with workflow.

Let´s say I want all delegations to be approved by a specific manager . 
    I put into "PortalPortal Change My Delegations" default admin task a workflow at Task level.
    This is correctly triggering a workflow process to the manager I pre-configured in the workflow.

However when manager enters into Portal, there is the workflow process to be approved, but it should also bring the "summary" of the event he is approving.
    I call it form, but is actually a panel which normally appears during workflow process in Portal and is a kind of copy of the filled form by the requester.

Thanks,
    Lincoln