Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Active Directory Attribute data type conversion to set exchange specific attributes

• 1.  Active Directory Attribute data type conversion to set exchange specific attributes

Posted Dec 05, 2019 08:32 AM
    Hi Team,

I have an requirement to set some exchange specific attributes in AD.

Here is what i am trying to do....

I need to get the value of "objectGUID" attribute from AD which is stored with a data type of GUID and populate this value on the ms-ds-consistencyguid attribute which should be stored as an array with members of data type Byte (ByteArray).

Anyone knows if IDM support this conversion OOB.

Regards
    Gursharan
    Security Consultant

------------------------------
    Security Consultant

• 2.  RE: Active Directory Attribute data type conversion to set exchange specific attributes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2019 11:14 AM
    The AD connector does not manage that attribute. You would need some custom IDM code (Xpress Policy, Event Listener, etc.) to directly contact the domain controller.But then you'd need to find a way for IDM to store it as ByteArray or convert within your code to something that can be recognized by the directory.xml.

Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio