Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  WSDL Generation Issue

Posted Oct 16, 2019 10:24 AM
    Hi IM Community,

I am trying to access the WSDL for IM by the URL, which I have done many times. However, this time I get the error below and cannot get the WSDL. We did add a web-enabled TEWS service, but I have done this multiple times and never had this problem.
    I managed to view the source and see the WSDL up to the failing line 733, and cannot see anything wrong with it. I even compared this to the WSDL we downloaded before and the line seems to follow the same structure.

What could cause the WSDL generation to fail like this?

Thanks,
    Anwar

• 2.  RE: WSDL Generation Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2019 11:07 AM
    Hi Anwar,

It seems like a syntax error on WSDL.  If you disable the new WS you added, does problem still occurred?

Best regards,
    Frank

------------------------------
    And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.
    Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: WSDL Generation Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2019 04:08 AM
    Hi Frank,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I disabled all of our web services enabled tasks one by one, to figure out what is breaking it and narrowed it down to one policy. This policy was breaking the WSDL because, for some reason, no search screen template was selected. Due to this, it generated the error below.

Once I selected the right search screen, the WSDL generated as expected.

Thanks again,
    Anwar