Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal - Delegation

Posted Jul 03, 2019 09:54 PM
    Hi Team,
    CA Identity Suite 14.3 vapp.

I have this user "Chewi01", where this user Manager is "Andje01"
    When this user "Chewi01" make a access request from portal, it will route to manager "Andje01" for approval.

On Manager "Andje01" i have set Delegation to user "Michael Allen"

After i set the delegation on "Andje01" ,when user 'Chewi01" make new access request, it should route to "Michael Allen" correct ?

But in my Request, i only see still pending "Andje01" for approval. Am i missing something here ?

• 2.  RE: Identity Portal - Delegation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2019 08:55 PM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Sep 25, 2019 11:29 AM
    It is my understanding that when you delegate, a copy of the workflow item gets assigned to the delegate. However, the original approver still has a workflow approval ticket and can still approve if the delegate has not (think of this as group of approves where the additional approvers get added to the group by way of delegation). So it may just be cosmetic that we still display the original approver even after delegation has been routed. In my opinion we probably should display both, but the view my submitted tasks is a display of the contents of the DB which would require that we go back and modify the DB record. 

If you login as Michael Allen (the delegate), what do you see?

• 3.  RE: Identity Portal - Delegation

Posted Jul 04, 2019 11:14 PM
    Hi Lyes, when i login as Michael Allen, i did not see any approval task.

I read thru the docops, this new "Delegation" is configured & work on Identity Portal. It is different from the old "Delegation" of CA IM, correct ?