Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Increase the load on task persistence database

• 1.  Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 06, 2019 01:36 AM
    Hi Team,
    Identity Suite 14.3 vapp. 

Currently our TP database load is already 99%. How can we increase the load of task persistence DB ? 
    So that TP can handle more requests/tasks
    regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2019 03:06 AM
    Did you check this?

• 3.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 06, 2019 04:14 AM

Hi Cheang,

You can try configuring the cleanup submitted tasks feature in CA IM which archives the data from task persistence database tables to archive task persistence database tables.

• 4.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 06, 2019 05:00 AM
    thanks guys, already running the cleanup. But my questions is more how to increase the capability of task persistence database ?
    Add more RAM or adjust java HEAP ? Add more disk or Add more CPU or add more ????

• 5.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 08, 2019 08:41 PM
    Hi Tomo,
    We are running the cleanup submitted task from user-console, but it is taking every long time to clean up.
    (It ran the cleanup for 2 days, still showing in progress...)

Can we run the store procedure command garbageCollectTaskPersistence with archiving the audit data ?

regards,
    William

• 6.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 09, 2019 04:14 AM
    Is it documented anywhere how the database load percentages are calculated?

We have three environments, Development, Acceptance and Production and all three show figures at or close to 99%, but the number of rows in each env differs greatly:

Task Rows: DEV = 750K, ACC = 215K, Prod = 13K yet they show 99%, 95% and 98%;
    Event Rows: DEV = 178K, ACC = 552K, Prod = 36K yet they show 99%, 99% and 99%;
    EventObject Rows: DEV = 113K, ACC = 357K, Prod = 24K yet they show 99%, 99% and 98%

TP database size is DEV = 5G, ACC = 20G and Prod = 20G

So it seems strange that both ACC and Prod are showing high 90%s when ACC has 18x more data than Prod with the same size database behind the scenes.

• 7.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 09, 2019 04:38 AM
    Hi Adrian,
    Thanks for sharing the information. As i know, there is no documentation on this database load. They just provide this "monitoring" tools for TP.

During setup, we choosen "Non Production" for our setup, not sure this impact the TP database load. (Again, this is not documentation in detail, what is the real different, between, Demo, Sandbox,NonProduction & Production env)

• 8.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 09, 2019 04:55 AM
    Adrian, do u remember which "configuration type" u select when u setup ur DEV, Acceptance, Production env ?

• 9.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 09, 2019 05:02 AM
    DEV = SANDBOX
    ACC = NON PRODUCTION
    PROD = PRODUCTION

• 10.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 09, 2019 08:32 PM
    Hi Adrian,
    Did u encounter any issue with Bulk Task/Loader task when process 100+/1000+ user records.
    After bulk task/bulk loader tasks submitted, system take time to process these huge data.
    When user make access request from portal or changes make on CA IM User-console, task get submitted but then the status show "In-progress" rather than submitted.

• 11.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 09, 2019 08:35 PM
    Hi Guys,
    Do we know what determine the 99%,or  what factor that determine the 99% ?

regards,
    William

• 12.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2019 07:57 AM
    HI,

You may want to check if there were any network outages during the clean up, by going to the server log (view_im_log) or going to /opt/CA/wildfly-idm/standalone/log/LOGFILE where LOGFILE is the log file related to the date you started the cleanup. You may also see if the task count is decreasing by running a DB query
    (If your database is SQL:
    SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tasksession12_5 WHERE created_time < GETDATE()-X where X is the time you set up as the minimum age at the Cleanup Submitted Tasks tab).

Hope this helps.

Henrique

------------------------------
    Software Consultant
    Gliat Tecnologia da Informação
    São Paulo
    Brazil
    ------------------------------

• 13.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 10, 2019 05:50 AM
    Edited by William Cheang Dec 10, 2019 06:22 AM
    I able to clear most of the old tasks, with completed status.
    But i unable to clear task state =128 and approvalstatus=In progress, any advice on how to clear this ?

• 14.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 10, 2019 06:21 AM
    Edited by William Cheang Dec 10, 2019 06:23 AM

• 15.  RE: Increase the load on task persistence database

Posted Dec 10, 2019 07:29 AM
    I've not actually worked with those bits - I can ask a colleague, but i'm not aware of any issues with loading users into our customers setup.