Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow for create user event

Posted Sep 09, 2019 06:31 AM
    Hi Team,

Here is customer requirement like Manager fill the user creation form and submit, then this user should be created in idm before approval only but after approval the same user should be create in Active Directory also.

So here i am already write a workflow to assign provisioning role event, but that workflow was not calling, directly user was creating without approval.

Please suggest how to achieve the this scenario.

regards
    Jeevan

• 2.  RE: Workflow for create user event

Posted Sep 09, 2019 06:42 AM
    Hi Jeevan,

You might also verify in Submitted task of Create user, if it says "No workflow is enabled for this task".  
    Are workflows enabled in Management console? Have you enabled workflow in Profile tab of create user task? 
    Thanks,
    Sai

• 3.  RE: Workflow for create user event

Posted Sep 09, 2019 07:05 AM
    Hi Sai Kumar,

Yes i have enabled workflow.

Thanks,
    Jeevan

• 4.  RE: Workflow for create user event

Posted Sep 09, 2019 07:20 AM
    Hi Sai,

Sorry i forgot to mention, in Management console also workflow's enabled. For remaining task workflow running is fine.

• 5.  RE: Workflow for create user event

Posted Sep 09, 2019 01:40 PM
    What is your actual Workflow Policy?
    Maybe the user creation doesn't match the policy rule, and therefore the AD account is also being created without approval.

When user is created, you should assign an empty provisioning role (i.e. without account template) and this role should not be under workflow control. This way the user gets created in the Provisioning Manager with a valid password. Then any other provisioning roles (containing account templates for AD) should be under workflow control. So the rule in your Policy Based workflow could be something like Provisioning Role != "Empty-Prov-Role"

Also check in the management console that you're not accumulating all provisioning role requests into one event. If you are, then you probably need to attach your WF to the "AccumulatedProvisioningRolesEvent" instead (or as well)

• 6.  RE: Workflow for create user event

Posted Sep 10, 2019 12:47 AM
    Hi Pearse,

Thanks for your reply. I have done same as suggested by you,but no luck..it is not went for approval. 

for AccumulatedProvisioningRolesEvent there is no provisioning role option

Please find the below pic, two provisioning roles are assigning 

Thanks,
    Jeevan

• 7.  RE: Workflow for create user event
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 10, 2019 05:02 AM
    Your policy for the "assignprovisioningroleevent" looks good
    Perhaps the reason why you can't see the secondary object option in the other policy is because it is linked to the "Provisioning Roles Indirect" tab. But it may also be because this event bundles all role requests into a single one, so it's not possible to distinguish. I haven't tried this.

Looking at the output of VST, are you manually assigning the two provisioning roles? Or is PX assigning the roles on task completion?

If PX is assigning the roles, then AFAIR the Workflow will not be triggered, as the task has already completed. To verify this, try to run the task manually from the UI and manually assign the roles.

If you use PX to assign the roles, you an also select a workflow process in the PX to put that role assignment under workflow approval. But this is less flexible, as you have to configure the approvers within the workflow script itself (i.e. start "designer.bat" copy a workflow and configure approvers there).

Another option, which I've used in the past, is to have PX make a SOAP request - i.e. a TEWS request back to IM to modify the user by adding the required provisioning roles. Then you can add the workflow to the custom modify user task. You can continue to add the Dummy Prov Role with the existing PX, as that doesn't need approval.