Symantec Identity Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Getting and Assigning Provisioning Role Membership Using Policy Xpress

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Getting and Assigning Provisioning Role Membership Using Policy Xpress

Posted 16 days ago
    Hi everyone,

I have two questions:

1. In Identity Manager, there is a "View Provisioning Role Members/Administrators" task. when we click into that task we are able to select the particular provisioning role and list the users who are assigned with that particular provisioning role. Is it possible to get the list of user who are assigned with a particular provisioning role using the Policy Xpress? If Yes, can I know how do I do it?

2. Is it possible to assign provisioning role to a specified particular user in Policy Xpress? Just like the updating Endpoint account, we can specify the Account Name ourselves if we choose the option set Account Data in the Action Rules tab in Policy Xpress, can we do that for the Provisioning role assignment using Policy Xpress?

Thank You

• 2.  RE: Getting and Assigning Provisioning Role Membership Using Policy Xpress

Posted 16 days ago
    Hi Chia

1. you should be able to do a data element of type attribute of a specific object/provirioning role/provisioningRoleMemberRelationship
    2. no i don't think so. PX is user centric. The only way is using an external command (LDAP/java/cmd...)

------------------------------
    Senior Consultant/Architect- CA Identity Suite SME
    Topspin Technologies (Partner)
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Getting and Assigning Provisioning Role Membership Using Policy Xpress
    Best Answer

Posted 16 days ago
    I think you would need to use PX Policies to trigger custom external java code which could then perform these operations you are asking about. Please review the following KB article related to custom java code.

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=36219