Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Policy Xpress - SOAP Base Query response. Xpath filtering?

Posted Jul 02, 2019 03:31 AM
    Hi,

As there is a JSON Path plugin I wonder why I cannot find a XPath plugin aswell?

For building data elements using data sources then lets say I queries the Identity Manager Web service API and receives a response. For the example I will use provisioning roles because the return data contains policies - which are multivalued XML elements.

How can I - by using PX Policies - build up an iterator with memberrules taken out of the {wsResponse} XML payload?
    This far I MIGHT be able to use regular expressions but this is pointless.

Br
    Kevin.

• 2.  RE: Policy Xpress - SOAP Base Query response. Xpath filtering?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2019 11:24 AM
    Hi Kevin, for XPath plugin, you can open an Idea to add that to a future version of the product.  For now, you can try a combination of String Searcher and String Parser functions within the data element to get to the values you need.

• 3.  RE: Policy Xpress - SOAP Base Query response. Xpath filtering?

Posted Jul 03, 2019 02:28 AM
    Hi Catherine,

Thank you for a possible way to MAYBE overcome this as I am quite frankly both frustrated and not even surprised.

We have a product: CA IDM. This product serves a webservice it self. The choosen method by CA is XML based SOAP - and not even as a RESTFull endpoint.

We have a product: CA IDM. This product offers two OoTB actions: SOAP Base Query and JSON REST query.

Guess which if these that CA has choosen to support for furher data processing? Thats right, the JSON option.

I am frustrated because it makes no logical sense why only supporting JSON Path and not also XPath - especially as it seems that XML SOAP has been part of the product for longer.

Basically CA has made it very difficult to support working with their own interface, in the same product.

I am not suprised as this suite - by far - is the most buggy, clumsy, and weirdest working (and not working) IAM/IGA suite I have worked with to date and realising the above therefore is no surprise for me. :-(