Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  How to set the recipient for the email template using IM group user

Posted Dec 05, 2019 06:07 AM
    Hi 

I am doing an approval email notification for first stage approval and second stage approval. The email will only send out when the first stage approval and second stage approval approved the request. Both of them are using a separated email template configuration. The first stage approval email's recipient  will based on the who are the requester's manager . Please refer to the print screen below 
    which will send to this email address based on the configuration 

But i cant found a way to set the person who are the second stage approval for that requester in the email template configuration. My second level approval should be the user that i created in IM Group. FYI, please refer to the print screen below 

I had configured the policy based workflow in the task to look for custom field 1 based on the provisioning role 
    The custom field 1 will having the similar name with the IM group that i created. 

May i know is there any way to set the recipient for the second stage approval email with the user located in IM group? 

• 2.  RE: How to set the recipient for the email template using IM group user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2019 08:57 AM
    Did you try to use Group Member as an option from the drop down of Recipients?

• 3.  RE: How to set the recipient for the email template using IM group user

Posted Dec 05, 2019 11:55 PM
    I tried your way before, but i found out some of the scenario is not working as expected. These are the scenario i found working 

Scenario 1 (if i submitted two request with different task name and different access request)
    User submitted task 1 with access request 1(Provisioning Role 1) > approval email send out 
    User submitted task 2 with access request 2(Provisioning Role 2) > approval email send out 

These are the scenario i found not working 

Scenario 2 (if i submitted two request with same task name but different access request)
    User submitted task 1 with access request 1(Provisioning Role 3) > Approval email send out 
    User submitted task 1 with access request 2(Provisioning Role 4) > Approval email not send out 

Please refer to the email configuration.docx for the email configuration and result from VST.docx for the task status for Scenario 2

Attachment(s)

docx
    email configuration.docx   91 KB 1 version
    docx
    result from VST.docx   237 KB 1 version