Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  PX web service issue

Posted Feb 12, 2020 09:19 AM

Hello all

I have a PX that is configured to run an external Jar file every time a user has been granted or revoke provisioning rolls

The Java code will be invoked by the PX on every event AssignProvisioningRoleEvent, and will send a REST call to an external system

If multiple roles were assigned or revoked, multiple events will be triggered and will launch multiple instances of my Java code in parallel.

As a result, multiple REST calls are sent to the external system in parallel, which confuses the external (I have no control there)

Is there a way to set IM Events or the PXs to run in sequence, rather than in parallel?

Thanks for the help
    Charly

------------------------------
    Senior Consultant/Architect- CA Identity Suite SME
    Topspin Technologies (Partner)
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: PX web service issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 10:10 AM
    One thought would be to see if you could try using a PX of type=Submitted Task executing on Task Completion or the other thought would be if you were to use the "Accumulate Provisioning Role" setting instead so that IM would not send execute separate events for each provisioning role change but that may impact your system in other ways you may not desire.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-manager/14-3/configuring/advanced-settings/provisioning.html