Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  first name not to be updated

Posted Jun 23, 2020 07:30 AM
    Hi All,

Iam using Identity manager to create the users. Users are creating with provided first name and last name. But next time if we perform modification operation of that users if i change first name it is updating. My query is after the creation of user, its first name and last name should not be updated.
    I tried by keeping write-once in corporate-directory.xml file. And also in the modify form read only condition. But no one is worked. So lease suggest me how can  i get my query.

Thanks
    Bhumesh

• 2.  RE: first name not to be updated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2020 07:48 AM
    Check the profile screens used by the tasks. For the Create User task you can configure a profile screen where the fields are set as Read Write Required. Then for the Modify User task you can configure a profile screen where the fields are set as Read Only.

• 3.  RE: first name not to be updated

Posted Jun 27, 2020 05:01 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for your update. But i have checked the modify screen and i have set to  Read only for the first name. But still when i perform modify operation it is updating the first name.

Thanks
    bhumesh

• 4.  RE: first name not to be updated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2020 10:03 AM
    How exactly are you performing the modify operation and what is the product version? What I mentioned regarding the profile screen setting applies to UI submitted task. Bulk Load task and Inbound Notifications would still update a field that was set as Read-Only on the screen definition and so I suspect TEWS may as well.

• 5.  RE: first name not to be updated

Posted Jun 30, 2020 03:14 AM
    Hi,

Iam performing the modify operation using the .csv file using bulk load operation.i have created the .bat file and running the modify.csv file using imbulkload.properties file.

Version: 14.2

• 6.  RE: first name not to be updated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 30, 2020 07:36 AM
    What I mentioned about a Screen Profile setting would not apply to Bulk Load as mentioned in my last update.

• 7.  RE: first name not to be updated

Posted Jul 02, 2020 02:08 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Is there any other solution when i perform the modify task using bulk operation to do not update the firstname?

• 8.  RE: first name not to be updated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2020 07:32 AM
    Perhaps try using a PX Policy of type=UI to check if the fields are being modified and if so to have an action of returning an error message.