Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Text field with a drop down using Logical Attribute

Posted Feb 03, 2020 11:26 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi I'm currently new to developing Java API using identity minder.

In logical attribute is it possible for a text field to have a drop down results? 

Here is my case:

A text field that has a search button beside it. Once I click search the results will display underneath the text field like a google recommendation more life a combination of text field and a dropdown.

If so may I know the approach? 

• 2.  RE: Text field with a drop down using Logical Attribute
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 03, 2020 12:59 PM
    Here is the documentation on search screens in IM:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-manager/14-3/configuring/user-console-design/search-and-list-screens/search-screen-configuration/search-fields-and-search-results.html

I did not see anything on this page about search suggestions. I am not sure this would be available for things like users, as that would be an LDAP query and not cached so the application server would not be able to populate a search screen with suggestions because your current user search would be different from your last user search. Same with groups.

Even for objects like admin roles or tasks, policies, and workflows the suggestion cache would have to be updated every time one was created or deleted (not a big deal for a prod environment as these types of changes should only be done in QA and only the permanent roles or tasks would be migrated to prod but it still happens).

Bill Patton

------------------------------
    And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Text field with a drop down using Logical Attribute

Posted Feb 04, 2020 03:36 AM
    Thanks for your insight William.

I was thinking something like a datalist 
    Currently we have a text field with a search button once search button is clicked
    results will display in a drop down.

My goal is to somehow combine the text field and the drop down like the screenshot attached.