Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Where to find Logs related to Audited Transactions in CA IDM 14.1

Posted Nov 27, 2019 11:39 AM
    Hi All,

May I know if some one can help me find logs related to Audited Transactions? I have submitted a task using TEWS call and it went to Audited state and I am trying to understand what caused it to go to Audit state. 

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    PMandadi

------------------------------
    Pmandadi

• 2.  RE: Where to find Logs related to Audited Transactions in CA IDM 14.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2019 11:38 AM
    Please inspect the VST to see if it provides an error.  There is not a separate log for the audit.  Everything would be in your application server logs.  Please review the following at the bottom of the page:

"AUDIT Records special events that exist only to audit information. These events only go to the AUDIT state and do not execute."

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-manager/14-3/management-console-help/how-to-configure-auditing/audit-settings-file.html

Was something submitted that did not to be changed?  On inbound was it missing required fields.  It was rejected through validation before it submitted so it goes to "audit".

Thank you.

Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: Where to find Logs related to Audited Transactions in CA IDM 14.1

Posted Dec 02, 2019 11:48 AM

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. Looks like the transaction got executed to certain extent(We have BLTH code to invoke 2 webservice calls for two different applications one after the another) and first webservice call to the first application is completed and post which it looks like an error is received during the second webservice call and then went to Audit state.

However, I was under the impression that all AUDIT transactions will never get processed as IM will reject them before processing. However, for this particular transaction it looks like here the transaction has been executed to certain extent(which I got a confirmation from the other application that they have received a webservice call from IM and I am not confirming this through IM logs) and then went to Audit State. Hence, I want to know if there will be any details in any of the logs that can show what has failed and why the transaction went to Audit state there after.

Regards,

Prasanna Mandadi

+1 214 923 2876

Classified - Confidential

• 4.  RE: Where to find Logs related to Audited Transactions in CA IDM 14.1

Posted Dec 02, 2019 11:51 AM

Just to add, in VST I am not seeing any error. It is in AUDIT state and the error I see is a common error that comes for various other issues.

Regards,

Prasanna Mandadi

+1 214 923 2876

Classified - Confidential

• 5.  RE: Where to find Logs related to Audited Transactions in CA IDM 14.1
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 03, 2019 04:39 AM

Prasanna,

I would like you to try adding logging in the custom BLTH to trace out where the issue is. You can also add exception handling in the BLTH to return the error message to task screen.,

We had the same situation the task was moved to audited state when there is an failure in execution of BLTH.

• 6.  RE: Where to find Logs related to Audited Transactions in CA IDM 14.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2019 08:29 AM
    Hi @Prasanna Mandadi

Friendly reminder. Identity Suite 14.1 is going EOS on 7/30/2020. Can you please confirm that you have an upgrade plan in place?

Thanks in advance

Itamar Budin
    Product Management Lead - Identity Suite | Enterprise Software Division
    Symantec, A Broadcom Company