Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal: Select Multiple Users

Posted Mar 09, 2020 01:39 AM
    Hi

Anyone successfully setup the Identity Portal Access Module to allow users to request access for more than one user?

I have setup Access Module so users can request access for anyone they manage: however if from user search I select more than one user no permissions are displayed in the "Applications" tab.  If I select any of the users individually the permissions display fine.

Am I right in interpreting this section of the documentation:  http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-portal/14-3/configuring/configuring-ca-identity-portal/configure-bulk-access-request.html as implying it is done via Bulk Load?  If so, how exactly does one configure this?

Regards
    David

• 2.  RE: Identity Portal: Select Multiple Users

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2020 10:43 AM
    Hello.

You reference the 14.3 IP doc but I have seen this type of issue with 14.1 and was fixed in 14.2  Can you confirm this KB explains the issue you are seeing?

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/121507

Thank you,.

------------------------------
    Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: Identity Portal: Select Multiple Users

Posted Mar 09, 2020 11:12 PM
    Hi

I am on 14.3

Can't access the article, all attempts result in a "Unauthorized Access" error message.  Could you send through other means?

Cheers

• 4.  RE: Identity Portal: Select Multiple Users

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2020 11:24 PM
    Pasted from Article Id: 121507, which you couldn't access:

When multiple actions have been defined in the Identity Portal "Self Service" module, clicking on an action item displays the associated form as expected.

<Please see attached file for image>

However, clicking onto a subsequent action item results in the portal displaying a blank frame. 

<Please see attached file for image>

In other words only the first click renders correctly, all other selected actions fail to render the display as expected..

This is a 14.1 programmatic issue.

CA Identity Manager Suite\ CA Identity Portal 14.1

This issue is resolved in Identity Portal 14.2

• 5.  RE: Identity Portal: Select Multiple Users

Posted Mar 10, 2020 02:28 AM

It is hard for me to judge:  I don't think it is the same thing:  I am not quite sure how to differentiate between the Portal simply not showing the Target Permissions or the Portal not actual selecting al the Target Permissions (and therefore not showing anything)

It doesn't come up as an issue itn the "Defects Fixed" list for CP-IP-140300-0001

Cheers

• 6.  RE: Identity Portal: Select Multiple Users

Posted Mar 11, 2020 12:50 AM
    Hi 
    That wasn't it.  Per issue: 20322330 We needed to:

1. Grant users right to "Bulk Loader" Task (ObjectsFeeder)
    2. Create an IP Task ObjectsFeeder pointing to IM Task ObjectsFeeder
    3. Create a Form BulkRequestProvisioningRolePS   with Task  ObjectsFeeder
    4. change Target Permissions to set Bulk Execution Plan to a specific EP for Bulk: BulkRequestProvisioningRolePS  
    5. Create an Execution Plan BulkRequestProvisioningRolePS  specifying Form BulkRequestProvisioningRolePS  as the "Bulk Form"
    6. Change Target Permissions to specify BulkRequestProvisioningRolePS as the Bulk Execution form
    This allows us to Select Target Permissions and checkout, but nothing happens, the task just goes into an auditted state.

I have a suspicion based on https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-portal/14-3/configuring/configuring-ca-identity-portal/configure-bulk-access-request.html that we somehow need to send the Target Permission details to a Modify User task that uses a PX to assign a Role, and then enforce workflow on that Assign event.  Still haven't workd out how to do do this.

• 7.  RE: Identity Portal: Select Multiple Users

Posted Mar 11, 2020 03:13 AM
    HI David,
    Based on what i understand, you need to configure ur Admin Task link to a Admin Role.
    Admin Role is the definition that allow ur requester to "see" multiple users.
    ur Admin Task also need to be configure to handle multi modify on users.