Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal - After Cancel Request generate email notification

Posted Nov 21, 2019 09:24 PM
    Hi Team,
    Identity Suite 14.3 vapp.

Q. In Identity Portal, if we cancel request in My Request, can it generate email notification to user ?

regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: Identity Portal - After Cancel Request generate email notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2019 11:38 AM
    William,
      This seems to be what you are wanting to do, but this document does not tell me how to tie it to an action:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-portal/14-3/administrating/administrating-ca-identity-portal/ca-identity-portal-administration/elements/environment/notification-templates.html

A bit further, I am not sure I fully understand the use case.
        are you wanting to notify the user that is being worked on? or the user performing the request? they may not always be the same person.

Bill

------------------------------
    And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Identity Portal - After Cancel Request generate email notification

Posted Nov 22, 2019 09:26 PM
    Hi Bill,
    My use case is like this
    Requester make access request, submitted for approval(1-stage approval). 
    User Access Request went into Approver queue(My Request-Pending Approver to approve).
    But then Requester cancel his/her request.
    Approver did not know that the request is cancelled, went approve a "cancel" request...

My email notification is to notify requester & approver that the request is cancelled.

regards,
    William

• 4.  RE: Identity Portal - After Cancel Request generate email notification

Posted Nov 25, 2019 08:50 PM
    In PX or Email, there is no Event or Tasks that will detect Task Cancelled or Event Cancelled. 
    Meaning that CA IM unable to detect any "Cancelled Request" correct ?

• 5.  RE: Identity Portal - After Cancel Request generate email notification

Posted Nov 28, 2019 02:05 AM
    Hi William,

Can you please help me out, how can we see this cancel request in IDP after user login in my request tab. By default i am not able to see this request in ca identity portal. So can you please suggest where we need to do this configuration In IDP?

Thanks,
    Jeevan

• 6.  RE: Identity Portal - After Cancel Request generate email notification
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2019 03:27 AM
    Enable here.