Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  External Connector Server Unavilable

Posted Jul 20, 2020 04:54 AM
    Hi All,

I have installed the VAPP 14.3 CP1 and External Connector server in the Windows server.

While Adding, I got the message successfully registered.

But after that, I'm getting the error at VApp Console. 

• 2.  RE: External Connector Server Unavilable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2020 08:17 AM
    Hi Herald,

Pleas ensure you have installed .NET Framework v3.5 on your connector server.  Once the feature is installed try to add the connector server once again in your virtual appliance management UI. 

Note.NET Framework v3.5 is required (starting from Windows 2012, .NET Framework needs to be added as a Server Feature from the Server Manager Dashboard).

Thank you,
    Nicole

• 3.  RE: External Connector Server Unavilable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2020 09:45 AM
    Hi Herald,

From private message you indicated that you installed .NET Framework.  If that is the case take a look at this KB article: 

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=112265

You will want to confirm the errors in logs as suggested by the article.  To review the ca_vapp_main.log run compressLogs on your virtual appliance machine. 
    Thank you,
    Nicole

• 4.  RE: External Connector Server Unavilable

Posted Jul 20, 2020 09:58 AM
    When i go to Vapp's WebUI and click on the Reload External Connector server. then getting below message. As per log. Registration was successful, but still getting error in the console connector server is unavailable.

2020 Jul 20 17:55:08 SVDCS-VAPP01 ListRegisteredExternalConnectorServers Script started
    2020 Jul 20 17:56:10 SVDCS-VAPP01 ListRegisteredExternalConnectorServers [INFO] Total number of registered Connector Servers: 3
    2020 Jul 20 17:56:10 SVDCS-VAPP01 ListRegisteredExternalConnectorServers [INFO] Total number of registered External Connector Servers: 1
    2020 Jul 20 17:56:10 SVDCS-VAPP01 ListRegisteredExternalConnectorServers [INFO] Total number of registered External Connector Servers after normalization: 1

• 5.  RE: External Connector Server Unavilable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2020 10:04 AM

Hi Herald,

I would remove the connector server from the virtual appliance management UI and then re-add it.  Once you re-add review the main log for any errors. 

Thank you,

Nicole

• 6.  RE: External Connector Server Unavilable

Posted Jul 20, 2020 01:16 PM
    Still Same.. Getting the same log messages.

do you think, i need to open any port?

• 7.  RE: External Connector Server Unavilable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2020 01:44 PM
    Hi Herald,

You will want to ensure the following ports are opened:
    TCP/20410
    TCP/20411

For more information ports see below:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-suite/14-3/ca-identity-suite-reference-architecture/foundation-physical-architecture/base-system-configuration-requirements/solution-component-ports.html

Thank you,
    Nicole