Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  CA Identity Portal (vApp 14.1)- Participant Resolvers based on user attibutes

Posted Nov 19, 2019 01:58 PM
    Edited by Deactivated User Nov 20, 2019 08:17 AM
    Hi All, 

Greetings!

Since I'm new to CA identity manager, this might be simple query. We have the requirement to send approval only to manager with active status and employee usertype otherwise reject the request and notify the requester with proper reason that manager is inactive or non employee.

I have made changes in approval node in workpoint as per the below mentioned document. However, workflow is still resolving manager with imusertype equals 30.

Referring below doc link
    http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-manager/14-1/administrating/workflow/how-to-use-the-workpoint-method/participant-resolvers-workpoint-method.html?m4dc=1

So, first need to know how can filter out only valid users. Second, passing reason to the request through rejection mail. 
    Also,if anyone can help me with the default location of workpoint designer logs so that I could check if my filter is working or not.

Please assist me with this or suggest the best way to cater above requirement.  Thank you in advance!

Deepak :)

• 2.  RE: CA Identity Portal (vApp 14.1)- Participant Resolvers based on user attibutes

Posted Nov 25, 2019 01:46 PM
    I'm still facing above challenge. does anyone has some solution or workaround to achieve in CA identity manager?

• 3.  RE: CA Identity Portal (vApp 14.1)- Participant Resolvers based on user attibutes
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 25, 2019 08:46 PM
    Hi Deepak,
    We did build participant resolvers but we didn't build based on modify workflow using workpoint designer...

We build based on change the existing sample provided in CA IM. 
    Following is the details. The sample is based on Group object, we change it to users object and then retrieve the approver.

hope this help.

• 4.  RE: CA Identity Portal (vApp 14.1)- Participant Resolvers based on user attibutes

Posted Nov 27, 2019 09:02 PM
    Hi William,

Thanks for the response!

I am able to build resolver on change the existing sample provided in CA IM. It solves first part of the problem. However, I have to get the reason as well to sent through rejection mail so that end user can understand it. 

Could you please suggest me how I can achieve this? 

Also, do you have any link or information about "IMApprover" script in workpoint resource. As seems to me, if it can get the attribute values of the approver, on which later I can write java script or something in transition line to populate reason. Please suggest. 

Thanks and regards,
    Deepak :)