Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Salesforce Manager Assignment

Posted Jan 30, 2020 05:39 PM
    Hi,

Has anyone had any luck with identifying the manager of a resource via the OOTB connector in Salesforce? We are attempting to assign the manager through logic that is configured in Policy Xpress. Through trial and error we have been able to assign a manager to a user object in Salesforce. We have also been able to update the manager on a user object. The problem we are facing occurs when we want to validate if a manager exists on the Salesforce endpoint before assigning the manager to the user object. While creating a user object on the SFDC endpoint, if the manager is not present the provisioning create task will hang in progress. Looking to see if anyone has any ideas, or have faced a similar issue. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Salesforce Manager Assignment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2020 10:39 AM
    We think this comes down to how you are searching for the user. In policy express, you could set a data element to return true or false if it exists.

You are not specifying your policy express logic, Maybe screenshots would help so that we can see how and what you are populating?

Another idea would be to implement a timeout and populate a default manager.

The hanging seems like a problem, maybe turn up logging in your environment as see where the stalling happens?

------------------------------
    And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Salesforce Manager Assignment

Posted Feb 05, 2020 08:24 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi William,

Thank you for your response. Those were my thoughts exactly. I would like to perform actions based on a true or false if the element exists. The problem is that when trying to reference a manager account based on the users manager ID, the policies fail to return any output. I've tried to also pull a simple attribute and output that vale to the VST through the messages function. It only works for the user and not the manager of the user. I've attached some screenshots of my logic. I hope it helps.

Thanks,
    Chris

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Salesforce Manager Assignment
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 06, 2020 09:19 AM

I do not know how Salesforce stores the value for manager attribute.  However, the best way to handle this type of request is get the ID of the assigned manager and do a search for the account using Policy Xpress.  You will also need to do a search for the user's account in Salesforce.  Make sure you have the correct format for the manager value in Salesforce.  If you do not have the correct format it could cause the Task to hang.

Your action to update the manager value should only run if the current user has a Salesforce Account and the Manager has a Salesforce account.

David Doan

Senior Services Consultant  |  Enterprise Studio

HCL Technologies Ltd.

+1 (678) 517-7185  |  David.Doan@hcl.com 

www.hcltech.com  | www.ca.com/services

image001.jpg@01D4EF7B.983F2D00