Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  View only user inforamation in Identity Portal

Posted Jan 23, 2020 07:08 AM
    Dear Team,

Customer want to check in Identity Portal all the employees information like User Id,First Name, Last Name etc only like view user tab in IDM. But when i am trying to configure view user task in Identity portal its showing submit button. So is there any another way to configure ?

• 2.  RE: View only user inforamation in Identity Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 11:01 AM
    Identity Portal does not allow 'View' type tasks--only Create, Modify and Delete are available.
    Try hiding the Submit button in the Branding section. If that doesn't work you may need to submit an enhancement request for a View only type request.

------------------------------
    Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: View only user inforamation in Identity Portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 11:36 AM
    Actually, I just found out about a way you could do this in Portal. Create a new module and select the Team Management template (not the pre-configured Team Management module).

Modules -> Create New.  Select Blank. 

Give it a title and tag. Then select Object Management, User, and Team Management.

It should give you a view similar to this. Just don't assign any actions to the module and it will be view only. In my scenario, I gave the search scope access to only see direct reports.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

• 4.  RE: View only user inforamation in Identity Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 01:07 PM
    Thanks Jeremy!

Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 5.  RE: View only user inforamation in Identity Portal

Posted Jan 23, 2020 11:31 PM
    Dear Jeremy,

Thanks for your update. Is there any search option we can give here? because if i click the view user module i am able to see all the users but in different pages. So is there any way to find users with search of their users id's

Thanks,
    Jeevan

• 6.  RE: View only user inforamation in Identity Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2020 09:30 AM
    Hi Jeevan,

The intent of this module was to have a quick view of direct reports and also assign actions to the module for team management. You could leverage the Search tab in the module itself, but that does not sound like what you are asking. I would suggest opening an idea for this feature. If anyone else in the community has done this please add additional comments.

Thanks,
    Jeremy