Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Set mailNickname through Identity Manager

Posted Jan 15, 2020 06:32 AM
    Hi Community,

I am trying to set the "mailNickname" attribute in Active Directory through IM and so far no luck. I have tried to set this from the account template as well as a PX policy. I can see the attribute in the Active Directory connector logs, under the "All mapped modifications for this request" but it does not update the value.

I followed the instructions to create the schema.ext file on the connector server and provisioning server, according to the link below.
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-management-and-governance-connectors/1-0/connectors/microsoft-connectors/microsoft-active-directory-microsoft-exchange-and-microsoft-lync/configure-the-connection-to-active-directory/extend-the-active-directory-schema-by-adding-custom-attributes.html

Has anyone had experience with this before and know what could be wrong in this case?

Kind Regards,
    Anwar

• 2.  RE: Set mailNickname through Identity Manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 08:01 AM
    You need to make sure that their is an Exchange as part of the AD Domain and that the ID used to acquire the AD Endpoint has the proper permissions. The Exchange tab on the AD endpoint should be active and an Exchange Gateway set. Otherwise if the AD Endpoint shows as no Exchange detected then that could be why it is doing what it does.