Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Custom content in Email Notification

Posted Jul 31, 2019 09:35 AM

Hi All,
    Could you please confirm how we can use the "Form Name" in the Email Notification content.

For example: If any user raise the  ADD/DELETE Access Request for Concur and when this request will be rejected by one of the approvers then a Reject email notification should go to the Requester that

' "ADD Access Request for Concur" or "DELETE Access Request for Concur" has been rejected by Requester.'

Here "ADD Access Request for Concur" or "DELETE Access Request for Concur" are the Form Names in IAM.

Could you please confirm how we can add the Form names in the Email Notifications ?

Regards,

Rahul Jain

• 2.  RE: Custom content in Email Notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2019 11:32 AM
    Please check with case 20039396  for further update.

• 3.  RE: Custom content in Email Notification

Posted Jul 31, 2019 12:18 PM
    Dear Yuan,

I am the only one who have raised this CA case# 20039396  and waiting for the response.

Regards,
    Rahul Jain

• 4.  RE: Custom content in Email Notification

Posted Aug 01, 2019 08:57 AM
    Hi All,

Can someone please help me to fix this or use the functionality(if it exists).
    Please let me know if you required any additional details from my side to understand the requirement. Thanks!!

Regards,
    Rahul Jain

• 5.  RE: Custom content in Email Notification
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2019 02:48 PM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Aug 06, 2019 02:17 PM
    This is just an idea. The backend IM task name is available to PX and can be queried by a custom workflow using API (check the documentation on this). So if your approval WF is task based, then the task name should be available to you. If you adopt a standard naming convention for the forms that are linked to these tasks so that the form name is derived from the task name, then theoretically you could grab the task name and construct the form name that you want to send in the email.

• 6.  RE: Custom content in Email Notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2019 07:17 PM
    Hi Rahul,

I have an idea to get this working for you, but I cannot mock up at the moment.

2 Steps:
    1: Retrieve name of entitlement from AccessRights catalog in Portal and store into form/task to get it to Identity Manager
    2: Use IDM Px to send email from stored field on user during approval

1) You need to get the name of the Permission(Entitlement) from the AccessRights in Portal and save that to a hidden field in the form.

Using a hiddenField -> in the Initialize Handler use this js code to get the name.
    var permission = api.getEntitlement();
    console.log(permission);

You can also store a custom key/value pair on permissions. Click on the ... on the far right of the permission and edit.

Here you can add custom key/values. Once you do this, you can also automate it through the json import process, so you don't have to do manually.

To get the custom key / value, use this for the initialize handler, and save to this field.
    var permission = api.getEntitlement();
    console.log(permission);
    console.log("Selecting permission: " + permission.properties.permName);​
    prop.value = permission.properties.permName;

2) Use a Px as Iyes suggested to take that name from a stored field to email.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Jeremy

------------------------------
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------