Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal 14.2 User Profile information refreshing

Posted Aug 06, 2019 11:59 AM
    ​Hi all,
        I am implementing a solution for an EMEA customer and, in order to configure a couple of form and have a specific behavior, i had to use the handlers from inside the form configuration tab (JS).
    To be able to match the admin and the modified user attributes I added the needed attributes to the USER managed object (Admin UI - SETUP) attribute page and then called them using api.getRequester().userData['attrname'][0].

The point is that even if the attribute value changes IP keep reading the old value.
    Initially IP was able to reload these attributes at login, but now I get a really strange behavior and IP keep reading an old value even if I try to reconnect to the ui.

Is there any configuration to remove caching of these attributes permanently or to force IP to reload the user profile attributes more frequently?

Lastly, maybe the solution I have used is not the best… is there any way from within the form handlers to query directly a user object in the user store to be sure to read current values?

Thanks in advance
    Best regards,
    Claudio

------------------------------
    Claudio Cordaro
    Security Services Architect
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Identity Portal 14.2 User Profile information refreshing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2019 11:47 AM
    IP would be reading the user values from IM from the userstore. So is IM and the userstore showing updated values while IP is showing different old values for those user attributes? If so that would be odd and I would suggest opening a support case in order to review that further.

If you search for the user again does it show newer correct values?

Could there be some sort of browser cache?

The only clear cache in IP I saw was under the IP Admin UI under Tools->Clear Cache. You can try to manually clear out those caches to see what affect that has as well.

Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: Identity Portal 14.2 User Profile information refreshing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2019 01:49 PM
    Edited by Iyes Dendeni Aug 07, 2019 01:50 PM
    According to the documentation of 14.1 on cache management, there is a way to overwrite the default cache management options including cache eviction time.  

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-suite/14-1/EN/administrating/administrating-ca-identity-portal/ca-identity-portal-administration/administration-tools

However I cannot find the inifinispan xml configuration file that they reference. 

On a side note, changing the OOB cache properties may adversely impact performance of the portal.

• 4.  RE: Identity Portal 14.2 User Profile information refreshing
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 08, 2019 05:57 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Aug 13, 2019 03:23 PM
    I have read the article, and i also didn't find the file mentioned in it!
    IP keep showning me the old user profile values, even if these attributes have changed, for a long period... maybe there is some possible configuration for cache refreshing time.

I have also manually cleared all browser cache but nothing changed, it seems that is the App on the AS that is caching data..
    Will try to check for changing cache settings.

Regards,
    Claudio