Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  CAIM - Audit setting

Posted Jul 10, 2019 11:22 PM
    Hi Team,
    CA Identity Suite 14.3 vapp. using external database MSSQL.
    In my audit setting file am defined with 
    "<Audit datasource="java/iam/im/jdbc/auditDbDatasource" auditlevel="both" enabled="true">
    Then i import this file into the setting.After restart environment.
    I saw this error in server.log
    ims.audit "Setting up Audit DB Connection for IME "identityEnv" failed with error "Failed to load Database driver "java:/iam/iam/jdbc/auditDbDatasource" with error "iam/iam/jdbc/auditDbDatasource..."

Anyone can advice ?
    Is my audit datasource defined correctly ?

regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: CAIM - Audit setting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2019 11:51 AM
    I think that's the wrong jndi name for the audit datasource This is what I see in standalone-full.xml

jndi-name="java:/iam/im/jdbc/auditDbDatasource

Try leaving removing the first "iam/"

• 3.  RE: CAIM - Audit setting

Posted Jul 12, 2019 08:24 AM
    Hi Larry, i have make the correction based on ur feedback. 
    Now am getting the error -> Failed to load Database driver "java:/iam/im/jdbc/auditDbDatasource" with error...."

But am using external MSSQL(during setup there is no issue connecting to external DB MSSQL)

• 4.  RE: CAIM - Audit setting

Posted Jul 13, 2019 01:27 AM
    William,

This issue is the case sensitive spelling of the datasource value. The proper case-sensitive string is: datasource="java:/iam/im/jdbc/auditDbDataSource">. Notice the difference in my string compared to what you specified. I have this syntax working in multiple customer and local lab environments.

I hope this suggestion resolves your problem.

------------------------------
    Enrique Torres
    Sr. Principal Architect
    Enterprise Studio
    HCL Technologies

• 5.  RE: CAIM - Audit setting

William,

The problem is the case-sensitive string in the jndi name you are using. The correct string is jndi-name="java:/iam/im/jdbc/auditDbDataSource". Notice the string for auditDbDataSource. Check the value in the updated auditing.xml file you imported to Identity Manager.

Enrique Torres
    Sr. Principal Architect
    Enterprise Studio
    HCL Technologies

• 6.  RE: CAIM - Audit setting
    Best Answer

William,

The problem is the case-sensitive string you entered for the datasource value. The correct string is datasource="java:/iam/im/jdbc/auditDbDataSource". Notice the uppercase D and S in auditDbDataSource. You can check the standalone-full-ha.xml in the vApp /opt/CA/wildfly-idm/standalone/configuration folder to validate the value after the jndi-name parameter for the auditDb datasource.

Enrique Torres
    Sr. Principal Architect
    Enterprise Studio
    HCL Technologies

• 7.  RE: CAIM - Audit setting

Posted Jul 14, 2019 11:56 PM
    Thanks Enrique, it works now after i make correction on the datasource setting.