Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

[identity portal] No result returned from plugin if the same option selected for second time

• 1.  [identity portal] No result returned from plugin if the same option selected for second time

Posted Mar 09, 2020 08:03 AM
    Hi, 

I created a form which contain a drop down menu. In my drop down menu, I set the value as domain A, domain B, domain C and domain D. when user selected the domain A, the change handler in the drop down menu will identify which options have been selected and do a ldap search on the AD. If found the result, it will display in the form on another field. Otherwise, it will display you don't have any account. but I found this flow happen :

1) user selected domain A,it returned the ID from domain A  active directory 
    2) after that user selected domain B, its returned "No account" or empty value from domain B(which is expected behavior since user don't have any acc in domain B)
    3) when user try to select back the domain A again, the domain A is not return any value. 
    4) if user try to refresh the web browser and go to the form and select back the domain A, its able to shown the result returned from domain A AD

Please refer to my attached file for my testing print screen on the flow and my form configuration for getting a clear picture on this issue 

• 2.  RE: [identity portal] No result returned from plugin if the same option selected for second time
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2020 10:49 AM
    Hello,

Have you tried this with a "domain B" that has values?  Also, if domain B does not have values, to begin with, why is it included in the dropdown.
    Also, maybe try adding some validation in your "domain code" to help troubleshoot the issue.  For example, try to validate prop.value or object.keys.  Adding some debugging in the code might help.

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Marc

====================
    Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio
    ------------------------------