Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Guide for "Implementation" in Task module

Posted Aug 05, 2019 12:59 AM
    Hi Team,
    Identity Suite 14.3, does anyone have guide on how to configure "Implementations" in Task of Identity Portal ?

regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: Guide for "Implementation" in Task module

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 01:05 AM
    Hi William,

You may find the following documentation URL useful:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-portal/14-3/EN/administrating/administrating-ca-identity-portal/ca-identity-portal-functionality/tasks

Regards
    Shamlee

• 3.  RE: Guide for "Implementation" in Task module

Posted Aug 06, 2019 08:18 PM
    Hi Shamlee,
    The documentation did not provide any detail on how to build "implementation" task, they just provide "explanation".

Example:-  To deploy a approval task, we need to build admin task, define approval process(single/2 stage approval) & etc...
    For "Implementation task", what do we need to prepare ?

regards,
    William

• 4.  RE: Guide for "Implementation" in Task module

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 10:09 PM
    Edited by William Cheang Aug 06, 2019 10:32 PM
    Hi William,

Have you used Workpoint Designer before? It is required to change a workflow node to implementation. You will want to make a copy of an existing workflow (start with a two-step approval) to modify. Then using workpoint designer, add the following into the User Data field of the node you want to make into Implementation:
    IS_IMPLEMENTATION_NODE = true.

Here is what it should look like in the designer:

I will look for a step-by-step guide, but these are from my own notes.

EDIT: Attached custom guide. I would cite the original author, but I do not know who it was. This is an old document that has out of date versions. However, the overall process is still valid and it is the closest you'll find to a complete walkthrough.

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Jeremy

• 5.  RE: Guide for "Implementation" in Task module

Posted Aug 06, 2019 10:20 PM
    Hi Jeremy, i aware of workflow designer. But have not really "work" on workflow designer.
    Meaning that, we need to copy from existing 2-stage approval workflow, then using workflow design to change 1 of the approval node from approval become implementation node, correct ? ( i think i get the idea)

Q2. Last time in Identity Manager, there is something called "Work Items", this is different from IdentityPortal "Implementation task", correct ?
    Q3. Work Items in CA IM, would not appear in Identity Portal correct ?

regards,
    William

• 6.  RE: Guide for "Implementation" in Task module
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 10:22 PM
      |   view attached
    Attached guide. Remember this is using older versions, but it should still be the same process. Links in the document are probably no longer valid.

Good luck!

Thanks,
    Jeremy

• 7.  RE: Guide for "Implementation" in Task module

Posted Aug 06, 2019 10:32 PM
    thanks Jeremy, this is what i looking for.