Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

• 1.  Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 23, 2019 08:50 AM
      |   view attached

Hi CA Community,

I am in the process of installing the jasper report 6.4.3 on windows server 2012 R2 during the installation, the installer shrinks from 13% to 35% and then to 100% without anything happening.

I have turned off the antivirus and the UAC and I have the administrative rights.

Im using MS SQL database.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

------------------------------
    LOGS

• 2.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 23, 2019 09:08 AM
    Hi Hamada,

I would make sure you have no endpoint security (other then AV) on the system that is blocking the installation of the system.  I would also validate that the user you are using to connect to your database and perform the steps to create and install the necessary pieces for the repository database have all the permissions it needs.  Please view this community post from TIBCO on the permissions necessary for installation: https://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/database-privileges-required-tibco-jasperreports-server

Regards,
    Nicoole

• 3.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 24, 2019 08:14 AM
    Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your response. I have asked the database administrator to grant the database rights to my account, as soon as this has been arranged I will try the installation of jasper report again and let you know.

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 4.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 30, 2019 05:45 AM
    Edited by Hamada Sadik Dec 30, 2019 05:51 AM
    Hi CA community,

After successfully installing JasperReports Server v 6.4.3, using the bundled installer, and starting JasperReports Server, the user is not able to access the application from a browser using http://<hostname>:8080/jasperserver-pro. Instead, i get "The webpage cannot be found in the browser.

Any tips to reslove this issue?

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 5.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 30, 2019 05:53 AM
    I hereby send the logs.

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 6.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 30, 2019 10:36 AM
    Hi Hamada,

If i recall correctly you are using a Windows account for the authentication method for your SQL Database.  You must do the following:

Set up Windows Authentication (MSSQL Server Windows Authentication Only)
    1. If you are using Microsoft SQL Server with Windows authentication, CABI cannot function until you configure Windows authentication on the CABI Server.
    2. After installing CABI and before starting Tomcat, follow these steps:
    3. On the CABI Server, go to Administrative Tools > Services and double-click on CA Business Intelligence Tomcat.
    4. Select the Log On tab.
    5. Change the account to the same account and password that is used in the MSSQL Server authentication.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Right-click on CA Business Intelligence Tomcat and select the Restart option.
    8. Close the windows.
    9. Restart the CABI Server.
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/business-intelligence/6-4-3/installing-ca-business-intelligence-jasperreports-server/gui-installation.html

• 7.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 31, 2019 03:22 AM
    Hi Nicole,

Your input has resolved the issue thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 8.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 31, 2019 06:23 AM
    Hi Nicole,

A question: At the moment a customer of ours has database version SQL server 2017 with jasper report 6.4.3, it works, but the configuration of jasper report with IAM is not done yet. when I see the platform matrix for jasper report I see that SQL server 2017 is not supported with Jasper report version 6.4.3. do you think that will cause us problems in the future? Or should the customer set op the database version 2014 or 2012?

I`d like to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 9.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 31, 2019 09:30 AM
    Hi Hamada,

Unfortunately the customer will not be able to receive support unless they are on a supported database server as per the platform support matrix.  https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/business-intelligence/6-4-3/release-information/system-requirements.html

There is a beta program available now for customers who wish to install Jasper Server 7.1.1.  This version of Jasper Server supports up to SQL Server 2016.

Please note however this is BETA only and not intended to be used for production systems. 
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1717&MessageKey=5e1d7a25-4f9f-485c-a79c-f28a4c368031&CommunityKey=783a8a1e-bb2b-473a-a0c3-7be7b1d92c60&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fenterprisesoftware%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fCommunityKey%3d783a8a1e-bb2b-473a-a0c3-7be7b1d92c60

Thank you,
    Nicole

• 10.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 31, 2019 09:55 AM
    Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your response. unfortunately our customer has MS SQL Database version 2017 so in that sense we cannot use a beta program of jasper report 7.1.1 because this version does not support SQL server 2017.

if I understand correctly we can use SQL server 2017 with jasper report 6.4.3 and it will not cause any problems, but the customer will not be able to receive any support in the future.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 11.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 31, 2019 10:02 AM
    Hi Hamada,

SQL Server 2017 has not been certified against that version of Jasper Server.  Should any issues arise and the customer needs to reach out to support, they will be required to meet the criteria of the platform support matrix prior to receiving support. 

Thank you,
    Nicole

• 12.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Jan 02, 2020 03:36 AM
    Hi Nicole,

It is clear. thanks for your explanation. I am going to explain to the customer that there is no report tooling that is used on SQL server 2017 and that he must have SQL database version 2014 or 2012.

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 13.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Jan 08, 2020 04:54 AM
    Hi Nicole,

Our customer agrees with the advice to install Database server SQL 2014 with jasper report 6.4.3.

My last question:
    To prepare this from our DBA: "Can this be a single node (virtual machine) or should this really become a cluster?"

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 14.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2020 09:36 AM
    Hi Hamada,

A single node vs a cluster is really dependent on how your customer wishes to architect Jasper within the organization. The one caveat I will mention is for MS SQL Server, instances are not supported.  https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/business-intelligence/6-4-3/release-information/system-requirements.html

Thank you,
    Nicole

• 15.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Jan 10, 2020 07:06 AM
    Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your explanation.

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 16.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 09:35 AM
    Hi @Hamada Sadik

Note that we just released our support for CA Business Intelligence JasperReports Server 7.1.1.

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/blogs/budit02/2020/01/10/psm-updates-for-identity-suite-jaspersoft-711

Please consider upgrading/installing this version

Thanks 

Itamar Budin
    Product Management Lead - Identity Suite | Enterprise Software Division
    Symantec, A Broadcom Company

• 17.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Jan 13, 2020 04:48 AM
    Hi Itamar,

Thanks for the info.I understood that that JasperReport server version 7.1.1 is a beta only, and not intended to be used for production systems.

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 18.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2020 09:36 AM
    Hi @Hamada Sadik

Japser 7.1.1 is a full GA solution now. 

The BETA program is closed

thanks​

Itamar Budin
    Product Management Lead - Identity Suite | Enterprise Software Division