Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Add Custom JSP in JBOSS

Posted Mar 14, 2020 02:57 AM
    Hi,

I created a custom JSP file that I want to incorporate in IDM.

The file contains a screen with custom behavior and I would like to know if it is possible to incorporate it in the application to be able to use it.

I searched and found that maybe you can incorporate it in the JBOSS but I don't know how

Thanks in advance

Regards

Martin

• 2.  RE: Add Custom JSP in JBOSS
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2020 11:13 AM
    Hi,

As for reference the screen jsp's for no Vapp are located here:  C:\wildfly-8.2.1.Final\standalone\deployments\iam_im.ear\user_console.war\app\page
    However, we do not recommend making changes to these files, as it may cause issues with other screens or upgrading.

Thanks,
    Marc

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Marc

====================
    Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Add Custom JSP in JBOSS

Posted Mar 16, 2020 07:59 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for answering me.

So if I understood correctly, if I created a Vapp I should add it in the folder you showed me earlier correct ? But, what happens for example if I created a JSP screen with custom form and behavior and want to see it in the "Task Section" of IDM. Is there a way to add it in IDM ?

In other words, what happens if I create a JSP screen with a custom form and I want to incorporate it in the application so that I can select it in the task section?

Thanks

Regards

Martin

• 4.  RE: Add Custom JSP in JBOSS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2020 09:37 AM
    Hi Martin
    Are you using vApp or standalone IM?
    If using a vApp - you will have to follow the manual https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-suite/14-2/virtual-appliance/administering-virtual-appliance.html#concept.dita_e794365581df3d11e5f66816b7288d2880d476aa_ModifyCAIdentityManagerBranding and apply your own branding - which would allow you to customize the look and feel of the IME, as well as adding your own jsp pages.

For on premise implementation, the following documentation contains the information related to branding the user interface
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-manager/14-3/configuring/user-console-design/branding-the-user-console.html

Please let us know whether you were able to utilize the custom jsp with either approaches
    Regards
    Rinat Matityahu
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom Technical Support - EMEA