Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Governance - Client Tools - Import LDIF

Posted Jan 29, 2020 11:09 PM
    Hi,

I want to import our user group information into Identity Governance.
    Just wondering do you have any example can show me how to set up import ldif function?

Thanks

Mark

• 2.  RE: Identity Governance - Client Tools - Import LDIF

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2020 01:12 AM
    Hi Mark,

I don't have example.  However,  you will need to first dump LDIF file from the directory endpoint.  Then you can follow the below link

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-governance/14-3/client-tools/import-and-export/generic-ldif-converter.html

to import LDIF file.

Best  regards,
    Frank

------------------------------
    And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.
    Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: Identity Governance - Client Tools - Import LDIF

Posted Jan 30, 2020 11:35 AM
    Hi Frank,

Thanks your response.

Actually I have case open for this and I was able to map one id to the role. But my ldif has 3 ids so I don't understand why it only link one id.

Case# : 20294573Import LDIF

Thanks

Mark

• 4.  RE: Identity Governance - Client Tools - Import LDIF

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2020 05:48 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Mark,

I am attaching a sample mapping file for your reference.
    After step 2 in the below documentation you can select the attached mapping file and edit the file
    to add more mappings as per your requirement.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-governance/14-3/client-tools/import-and-export/generic-ldif-converter.html

Thanks,
    Yogitha.

Attachment(s)

xml
    Map.xml   692 B 1 version

• 5.  RE: Identity Governance - Client Tools - Import LDIF

Posted Jan 30, 2020 11:39 AM
    Yogitha,

Thanks your example. I think that's mapping xml file..
    Right now I am not sure I have correct ldif file. 
    In my ldif file, it has group information. That group contain 3 users in the uniqueMember field.

But client tools only link one user. I have case for this issue: 20294573

Before when I worked import from AD, I know I need to select user OU and group OU. But not sure about ldif. So far I only have Group ldif. it doesn't have user ldif.
    I just wondering does broadcomm has any example or run book can help me to understand how to set up that.

Thanks

Mark