Hello All,We are working on upgrading our IM Environment to R 14.3 CP1 and the Identity Manager has been successfully upgraded. We tried to follow the instructions to upgrade the IM Provisioning Server or IMPS as well to this version but the IMPS is not starting. It is juts giving message that im_ps startup failed. There are no logs being updated as well because the imps.log is "zero" bytes so we are not sure where is the problem.
We are running on Redhat Linux 6 with IMPS R 14.3 CP1. Please suggest if you have seen this and how this issue can be fixed. Thanks for your help in advance.Note: After upgrade the imps command will not work so we changed all occurrences for "/opt" to "/apps" because last installation was done in this directory and the SLAPDUSER was changed as well from default "imps" to "idmuser" that it was running fine before the upgrade.
Instructions from the Support that we followed:
****** on LINUX: --> for "improvisioning.zip":
1. Stop the "Provisioning Server".
2. "linux" folder --> This folder has "improvisioning.zip" --> The "improvisioning.zip" has --> "cp-version.txt",
"bin", "data" & "lib" folders.
3. Copy "improvisioning.zip" to a "tmp" location and extract.
3. Take backup of "bin" & "lib" folders from "<Provisioning Server Installed Location>/".
4. Copy the provided "bin" and "lib" folders to "<Provisioning Server Installed Location>/".
5. Change owner and permissions to the above copied "bin" and "lib" folders.
chown imps:imps bin
chmod 775 bin
chown imps:imps lib
chmod 775 lib
6. Take backup of "acfparse.ptt" and "adsparse.ptt" files from "<Provisioning Server Installed Location>/data".
7. Copy the provided "acfparse.ptt" and "adsparse.ptt" to "<Provisioning Server Installed Location>/data".
8. Change owner and permissions to the above copied ".ptt" files.
chown imps:imps *.ptt (Note: change owner to ".ptt" files)
chmod 660 *.ptt (Note: change permission to ".ptt" files)
Thanks, originally we had log level setting as "24" and logs were not being generated, later we were told to make it "65536" and still no logs. Any other ideas folks?
I was able to get the patch to finally work.
Starting im_ps ... eTrust_back_db_init: initializing 15:22:07. ETA::Log Info. Using /opt/CA/IdentityManager/ProvisioningServer/logs/etatrans20200110-1522.log im_ps started successfully
Try the following (we are going to start over): Please note all these steps were performed as root
Now lets copy over the CP1 files:
Let me know the results once you try the above steps.