Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 03, 2019 08:12 AM

Hi CA community

I have an issue with the installation of the jasper report version 6.4.3 on windows server 2012 R2

During the installation it shoots from the 13% and then to 35% and then to 100% en it gives installing rolling back databases en at the end nothing happens.

UAC is turned off and Antivirus isn't blocking the installation.

Can someone help me to reslove this issue?

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 2.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2019 08:33 AM
    Are you seeing any other errors during the install?  My recommendation would be to check the system requirements and prerequisites.  

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/business-intelligence/6-4-3/installing-ca-business-intelligence-jasperreports-server.html

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/business-intelligence/6-4-3/installing-ca-business-intelligence-jasperreports-server/prerequisites-to-gui-installation.html

Is a jasperserver.log created?  <tomcat>/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/logs/jasperserver.log.  If so, any errors or messages in that log?

------------------------------
    Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 03, 2019 08:50 AM

Hi Scot,

Thanks for your response:

the jasper report was already installed on this server but i could not use it. So I Have had removed Jaser report and now I want to reinstall it.

I have checked the system requirements and prerequisites. and it matches with what I have.

The jasperserver.log is not created

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

==
    This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
    Enable-U, Asterweg 19d12 Unit 2, 1031 HL Amsterdam, www.enable-u.com

• 4.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2019 09:05 AM

To uninstall JasperReports Server you go to:

Click Start > JasperReports Server > Uninstall JasperReports Server.

Confirm that menu option is still there and if so, confirm it was completely uninstalled previously.  It sounds like its hitting an existing DB and rolling back.  What DB are you using?  If nothing was on your previous Jasper install, was your old DB instance deleted?  Was the system rebooted after the first uninstall?

Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 5.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2019 09:14 AM

Was an installation.log created?  Any errors in that file?  It would be in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\_CA Business Intelligence_installation\Logs
    CA_Business_Intelligence_Install_08_15_2019_16_56_02.log

Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

• 6.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 03, 2019 09:32 AM

Hi Scot,

The Error that i get I that file is as follow: in isJARBuiltForSystemi : classpath C:\Users\addmin-hs\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1575381533\Windows

Error running install panel:

java.lang.NullPointerException

searching classpath contents...

in isJARBuiltForSystemi : classpath C:\Users\addmin-hs\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1575381533\Windows

See attachment for the log.

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

==
    This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
    Enable-U, Asterweg 19d12 Unit 2, 1031 HL Amsterdam, www.enable-u.com

• 7.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Posted Dec 17, 2019 04:27 AM
    Hi Scott,

Sorry for the late response. thanks for your reply

The previous Existing database was indeed not yet removed from the SQL database management studio, I have now done it manually and I will try again to install the jasper report and I will let you know if I succeeded.

Kind regards,

Hamada sadik

• 8.  RE: Can`t install Jasper report 6.4.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2019 09:06 AM
    Hi @Hamada Sadik

Please note that we are now offering our customers the ability to test and deploy the newer version of Jasper 7.1.1.

If you are using version 14.2 or 14.3 of Identity Manager or Identity Governance, please review the following post:

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1717&MessageKey=5e1d7a25-4f9f-485c-a79c-f28a4c368031&CommunityKey=783a8a1e-bb2b-473a-a0c3-7be7b1d92c60&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fenterprisesoftware%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fCommunityKey%3d783a8a1e-bb2b-473a-a0c3-7be7b1d92c60

thanks

Itamar Budin
    Product Management Lead - Identity Suite | Enterprise Software Division
    Symantec, A Broadcom Company